Chateau Michaelena Winery/San Acacia Cellars

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
COOL!.
I hope that table will hold all that weight. Do you have covers for them? You should always protect wine from light.

I believe that is Mike's athlete of the decade.
smiley1.gif

300 bottles there. That won't last long, better get crackin and make some more!

I don't see anything wrong with having Lance Armstrong on the wall. He has been a source of inspiration and determination to more than one.

oh thats Lance? nope nothing wrong w that at all..a true inspiration

sorry if the humor was missed

Humor not missed!

Actually in another life I was a pretty good Triathlete!

And like Lance I too am a cancer (prostate) survivor.
smiley34.gif

I tend to obsess on things (doh!)

Since I can't ride anymore for the time being this is my new obsession.
smiley32.gif

Someday I hope to get back on the bike but for now this fills a void quite nicely!
smiley1.gif

Fascinating story Mike...glad that i attempted the humor now..another thing learned

I like my fruit cut up in my cereal!

I guess I need a sample.
smiley2.gif

vcasey said:
Wow, looks great, I can't wait to see some bottled, I know you'll be happy to see some bottled as well. So when are you going to take a walk on the wild side a try a fruit wine or even a mead?VC

That table will hold a Mack truck!

1" MDF with a 9" support beam running down the middle of the thing. Its up to the challenge! The winery has a single 36x36 window with a room darkening cellular shade. Its pretty dark (no direct light for sure) but I should probably totally block out more light with some black poster board or something to make it even more protected from light.

tepe said:
COOL!.</font>
I hope that table will hold all that weight. Do you have covers for them? You should always protect wine from light.</font>

Nice lookin buncha wines ya got there bud! I cant wait to get my new room set up and runnin.

Pete

Ordered my commercial wine racks from Samsclub.com on Sunday and low and behold they showed up on my doorstep on Wednesday! Boxes were nicely stacked on the front door step with no damage at all when I got home yesterday (thank you, FedEx!) .

20100107_161419_DSC02382.jpg

These are some GREAT wine racks for the $$$ folks (~$100 ea shipped). They are heavy, fully adjustable, have side rails and can be bolted together or to the wall if so desired.

20100107_161430_DSC02384.jpg

I put my first bottled batch of Pinot Grigio on the bottom shelf and as you can see it gobbled it up with room to spare for even more on the sides if I was really desperate!

20100107_161441_DSC02385.jpg

The REALLY amazing thing about these racks is that while the box says it will hold 168 bottles, I was easily able to stack 30 on each shelf which would turn out to be a whopping 210 bottles per rack or ~ $0.48 per bottle!

20100107_161459_DSC02386.jpg

As you can see I am up to my ears in cases of empties which will slowly disappear as I fill them all up over the next 6 months or so. Hopefully things will be slightly more open and less cluttered soon!

wow..very nice...if you lose power you will still stay nice and warm...gonna be a lot of wine there

I'm sure you'll hear a lot of "Nice Rack" comments. Those are spiffy. Can't wait till Me and Kat can buy our first home, we're going to have a wine room and build racks on every wall.

Great looking wine racks. I have seen them before, but can never seem to find them at Sam's. Did you get them online?

What is the weight rating for each shelf and the rack as a whole? I would expect 30 bottles per shelf to weigh about 80 pounds each so a total of over 500 pounds if they were all filled that full.

i have this shelf (non wine rack) and each tier will hold 300lb according to the box it came in.

these shelves are strong~

The REALLY amazing thing about these racks is that while the box says it will hold 168 bottles, I was easily able to stack 30 on each shelf which would turn out to be a whopping 210 bottles per rack or ~ $0.48 per bottle!

What is the meaning of HOLD?

Is that 168 bottles then on 169 it folds up and auto empties?
smiley2.gif

ibglowin said:
Ordered my commercial wine racks from Samsclub.com on Sunday and low and behold they showed up on my doorstep on Wednesday! Boxes were nicely stacked on the front door step with no damage at all when I got home yesterday (thank you, FedEx!) .

Yep.. Thats what I have.. I have 3 of them and 3 more I got from Costco

Yep,

Maximum per shelf is 300lb equally distributed, Max for the entire rack is 2100lbs (per the instructions)

Assuming a bottle of wine weighs 3lbs on average.

3lbs x 30 bottles = 90lbs per shelf or 630lbs for the entire Rack.

I think we are within the safety envelope of the wine containment system folks......

This rack is only available online at samsclub.com

PAwinedude said:
i have this shelf (non wine rack) and each tier will hold 300lb according to the box it came in.these shelves are strong~

ahem!!!! "
I think we are within the safety envelope of the wine containment system folks...."

it aint safe from you drinking it....just holding it until you do :)

Latest posts

Back