RJ Spagnols CCWS Rosso Bravissimo & EP Shiraz

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vabeachbear

Reaction score
New poster but long time reader of the forum. I had a question on anyone's experience with the CCWS Rosso Bravissimo or EP Shirz.

I started a little over a year ago. Thanks to this forum I am making a EP Amarone, and CCWS Super Tuscan every year. Each year I will also make two other wines. This past year I also made the EP Cab and CCWS Zin last year.

This year am thinking about making the Rosso Bravissimo and Shriaz as my two additional wines, and was wondering if anyone has made them, and how they think they compare to the Amarone and ST.

Beachbear, I think you may mean RJ Spagnols Winery Series and En Primeur wines, not Cellar Craft (CC). In any case, you are onto what I feel is one of the best wine series on the market and Super Tuscan is my favorite in the series. To paraphrase Will Roger, "I never met a Winery Series wine I didn't like!"

I have not made the Rosso Bravissimo or the Shiraz from the series. I have made the Super Tuscan, Cabernet Sauvignon and OV Zinfandel a number of times. Unless you have a hard time getting the kits, you may also want to try Cellar Craft Rosso Fortissimo from their Showcase Collection. I would only caution that Cellar Craft was recently purchased by Vineco and we have yet to determine how this acquisition will affect the quality of the former Cellar Craft wines. From what you have written, we have a similar preference in wines.

I expect beachbear is referring to these as Cellar Classic winery Series. I haven't made the Bravissimo but have the Rosso Grande going and am expecting good things from that; have't made any EP kits yet but they are top of the line, so if you like a Shiraz, this one should be good.

Yes I meant Cellar Classic Winery Series and En Primeur. Big Reds are my favorites, so just trying to get a feeling which others people have had good luck with.

You can not go wrong with either of these kits. The Bravissimo will take a good year or a little longer to come around the EP Old Mundello Shiraz about 1 year. The Bravissimo is a heavier darker wine the Shiraz is a deep ruby colour and carries a lot of berry notes in it's flavor profile.

I've got the EP Shiraz at about 10 months now, 6 months bulk aged and the rest in the bottle. It's already very good and probably of the 15 or so kits I've made since I started a year ago the best of the lot so far.

Last edited:
I have a batch of Rosso Grande that just hit 1 year in the bottle and is outstanding. That being said I have another waiting for a barrel. Neither of these are the Winery Series but they are next.
Les

Latest posts

Back