Cellar Craft CC 5 week Amarone kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CajunJay

Reaction score
This affordable kit with it's small grape pack packs a punch when it comes to taste. Two months after starting the kit I vacuum racked it for the degassing stage. I left out the sorbate and added a little extra K-meta to give it a little protection since I might not bottle this for several more months. At the end of the bottle rack I moved the receiving end to a smaller bottle to avoid sediment transfer plus I wanted a taste.
smiley9.gif
All I can say is WOW! This is the first time I have to truly wonder if I can keep my hands off this wine for the year of recommended aging time. If you are on a budget yet want a nice grape pack kit delivering a good wine, try this. I will most likely reorder this before I end up bottling.
Jay

I started this kit in Feb 09 and bottled it in Oct just recently took first place in the local wine club competition with it. The wine is full bodied and should be even better in a year.

I made two of these kits this summer, sounds like we will enjoy them a year from now.

I see George has them on special this time around as well, they are tempting...

I'm sold on the kits with the grape packs or raisons. I think they really add body.

Latest posts

Back