Carbonation of an Apple Cider

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earl

Reaction score
I am slightly familiar with how to carbonate an apple cider with champagne yeast, but how do one of those carbonation machines work?? About the time I was going to go to Wallyworld and by 5 gallons of apple juice, I see George has added apple cider to his inventory....hmm....now I know he is reading my mind.

Has anybody had any experience with forced carbonation ( I think that is what it is called)??

earl

I have never got into force carbonating my beer but a system as shown below has two major components:

A CO2 bottle and a Cornelius or CornyKeg. Your beer, cider is filtered and placed into the keg then the keg is chilled. CO2 is applied to the keg through a diffusion stone via regulator and this force carbonates the liquid. A system with a used keg will run about $175-$200 to set up.

17d03-168_2107_detail.jpg

This link is certainly not for someone who needs to carbonate already flavored beverages, but I'd thought I'd throw it in there just because I love it.

http://www.sodaclubusa.com

We used it (and loved it) in Europe, and it's available here Stateside as well. We spend about 90 bucks (at most) for all non-alcoholic beverages throughout the whole year.

Just for info...

Latest posts

Back