WineXpert California Trinity White - Sulfite taste too young?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cool77

Newbie and learning from this forum
Reaction score
Hello,

I bottled a California Trinity white on 9/29th 2013 and I can taste sulfite. My wife says she can't tell.

That's my first wine, I'm wondering if the sulfite taste will fade away with time? If yes, how much before trying again?

Thanks!

Yves

cool77:

Did you add extra sulfites, or just go with what came in the kit?

Steve

I added the extra suggested 1/4 teaspoon potassium metabisulfite before bottling as suggested in the instruction if you'd plan to keep wine more than 6 months...

I'm reading pretty much about sulfite and found out white wine has a lower ph so requiring less sulfite... I think winexpert kit suggest 1/4 teaspoon for all their kits, red or white. But they might adjust ph for all their kits to be at the same level?

I have just bought a ph meter and shopping for a SO2 aeration test kit.

Since I have already added the sulfite, I'm stick to it. Wondering if this wine will be good at one point to my taste. I don't want to pull trigger too fast, I'm newbie after all.

Cheers,

Yves

I would wait 3 months. It is a very nice wine. My wife is from Drummondville. Was there this summer visiting her parents.

Thanks all, I'll wait and repost after it. I'll give it a chance :)

Dino, the world is so small Cheers.

Yves

Latest posts

Back