WineXpert Cabernet Sauvignon

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smiley36.gif

This morning we racked the Eldercab Sauvinana and added 2 ounces oak. Because of the oak there wasn't room in the carboy for all the wine, but not enough to put in a bottle, so dang it, we'll have to drink it!
smiley17.gif
It doesn't have quite the mouth I want yet, hence the oak. If that doesn't do it, I may toss in a little tanin. It's mine and I can experiment however I want! Mwah haa haa haa haa!

Northern Winos said:
I admire your Patience and Perseverance.....I should take lessons and try some of that.
Which should you try? The P & P or the wine?!
smiley2.gif

Wade! That's great! That's exactly how I feel when I get to make all the decisions about a wine! (At some point in each wine that I get full control, I know Bert shakes his head at least once!
smiley36.gif
)

This has been bulk aging forever and today it will hit the bottle. It's been sitting on it's oak all this time and I'm going to drink the heck out of this wine! It was 10:30 when I got my first taste of it and I don't foresee a stopping point.

If you don't find a stopping point, you not only won't foresee a stopping point, your won't see "fore" o'clock! You will be a napping. Then maybe you would see that weird grasshopper smokin' with his hat on again!

Back