WineXpert Cabernet Sauvignon

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ramona, Y'all ain't the onliest southerners here, I'm just transplanted here from NM
smiley36.gif

JW,

Well, Im just a reverse transplant..I guess, I'm from W.va. originally. Texas is only a refrence point to where I am at the present time......yeee.haWWWW....Ramona

I have a Friend that I have been trying to find....last known in Artesia!!!!

What a beautiful State!!!!!

Ramona

I do plan on bringing a sample of this wine to Wine Stock. Although it won't be properly aged, I'll try my best to have it bottled and ready for the ROAD TRIP TO TEXAS!!!
smiley4.gif

I pulled the bag of fruit last night and racked it. The SG was at .992. It's been plenty warm here and it worked fast! It has a lovely, slow bubble going in the air lock. With the additions to this kit (which voided my warrenty) I will probably have to do an extra racking or 2. For some reason thebananas don't seem to hold their shape and tend to leach out of the bag and into the wine. I just don't understand...
smiley2.gif
Edited by: PolishWineP

Sounds realy good so far. We are taking a tiny taste of Cab tonite to check on the oak. I have been saving the last carboy in case it needs to come off the cubes. My sister in law and her husband are coming from Tahoe this afternoon. They used to do the Napa and Sonoma runs with us so they will get a kick out of early tasting.

Wish we had the dough and time from work to make it to Wine Stock.

rgecaprock said:
I have a Friend that I have been trying to find....last known in Artesia!!!!

What a beautiful State!!!!!

Ramona

I have lived in Artesia before, but mostly Roswell (where I was born) Aren't you in the Med field? I have family that is in that area, and in that field of work.

PWP, does your cab kit have oak? The reason I ask is I have a 5 gal batch of Cab Sauv going, wanting to oak it , and curious to a recommended amount, typeand time.

JW,

My friend worked in the medical field also with me here in Texas until she went to Artesia. She was also into pottery and clay so I hope that is what she is doing instead of working. I miss her, can't find her.

Ramona

JW I would recommend and American Medium Toast, 3 oz in carboy for a minimum of 3-4 weeks and then I would begin testing after that

Thanks. I have the heavy American, and Light, didnt know which would be most recomended.

This morning, with an SG of .990, I added packages 2 & 3 (sorbates) and pkg 4, clearing agent. Bert and I took turns stirring with the drill attachment. I had to top up about 8 ounces and used a Bergeron Rouge. It's sure smelling nice, but no, I didn't take a sample taste. Sorry, Waldo.

Your forgiven...this time. Let it happen again and I will take away your enchanted forrest.

Waldo, You are quite the task master! I promise, next time we rack I will take a taste and report back. I'd hate to lose my enchanted forrest! How would I find out Where Waldo Is if I lost my forrest?
smiley2.gif

PolishWineP said:
But I will find Waldo at WineStock, right?

Yes Princess, you will find me there. Sitting over in the corner in all of my radiant glory, my cholorophyl wrapped around my head, my arm draped over a fermenter, eating a locust leg and telling someone a good winemaking story
smiley36.gif

That gives me the mental image of the hookah-smoking caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland. :)

- JimEdited by: JimCook

Back