Buying Corks

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My LHBS has them listed on their web site @ $15.00 per 100 count bag - straight Wine Works, #07, #08 or #09.

What is a good size for most commercial wine bottles? I want to buy one size that would work on most.. If I buy #8's would that maybe be too small for some bottles and if I buy #9's would it be too large?

I would assume go bigger and have a tighter seal rather than potential looseness in some bottles.

Thanks in advance ; )

One-eye-shut said:
What is a good size for most commercial wine bottles? I want to buy one size that would work on most.. If I buy #8's would that maybe be too small for some bottles and if I buy #9's would it be too large? I would assume go bigger and have a tighter seal rather than potential looseness in some bottles. Thanks in advance ; )

Depends on your corker tool. Use #9's only if you have the floor corker.

+1 to novalou. If you have or can borrow a floor corker, #9's are best. If you are using a hand corker, tapered #8's will prevent your biceps from imploding.

My LHBS has them listed on their web site @ $15.00 per 100 count bag - straight Wine Works, #07, #08 or #09.

What is LHBS? I am looking for 100.

Thanks Rocky and sorry for the TIA comment. I click on your link but I am in the market for 100 right now. I look for the same product but in a quantity of 100 but could not find it.

LHBS= Local Home Brew Store.
here is a link for 100 #9x1.75 http://brewandwinesupply.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=25_31&product_id=916
they run $11.99 plus shipping, which is about $6 +- for that size package. the 30 I can ship USPS small flat rate at $5.80, or is you get a bunch of stuff, $10 flat rate.
Any questions, let me know
PS we offer 5% discount to all Winemanking talk members, Just enter "winetalk5" in the coupon section of check out.

Brew and Wine Supply said:
LHBS= Local Home Brew Store. here is a link for 100 #9x1.75 http://brewandwinesupply.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=25_31&product_id=916 they run $11.99 plus shipping, which is about $6 +- for that size package. the 30 I can ship USPS small flat rate at $5.80, or is you get a bunch of stuff, $10 flat rate. Any questions, let me know PS we offer 5% discount to all Winemanking talk members, Just enter "winetalk5" in the coupon section of check out.

Hey thanks for this info. I'll order from you instead of amazon next time.

Back