Mosti Mondiale Bucket

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pizz65

Reaction score
What a waist sending there stuff in a bucket that you can't even use for the kit. Cardboard is a lot cheaper that plastic buckets. Now the right thing to do would make it big enough to use with the all juice kit and then you could use it for other 6 gallon wine that we make in the future. Just a thought could take some $$$ off if they used cheaper packaging. What do you think??
smiley22.gif

Yes but you dont have to worry about a leaking kit and not having enough juice. Its much more protection then the cardboard so they dont have to replace as many kits but yes the bigger bucket would make it awesome!

I think the weight of the AJ kits pretty much precludes a cardboard box.
The walls would need to be so thick (thinner walls would just bow outwards) it wouldn't make economic sense.

I happen to like the buckets and reuse them all the time for racking as well as putting my carboys on top of when filtering to add a nice increase in the head pressure.......

I also have found great use for the buckets, they work great to hold equipment being sanitized as well as equipment that has just been used before cleaning.

All great comment and idea and it's not like I won't use it for those idea's. My point was that if your going to send it in a bucket let's make the bucket usable for our product that the customer is buying. Just a little more thinking on the marketing end would make the customer a little happier.

Like I have said before, there is more to it than us wanting a bigger bucket. With a warehouse and inventory, if you increase the storage size by 25%, you have room for 25% less inventory. What do you suppose that would do to our costs- it would skyrocket. I would rather buy the fermenting bucket I need for one out of 5 kits, than pay 10% extra for each kit because the distributor needed to raise prices because of the extra room they take up. I see the bucket as a bonus- no matter the size and don't expect to get a free fermenter with each kit.

I haven't seen an MM kit in a few years but recall that the pail is a very standard size. Vineco and RJ Spagnols use the same pail for some of their brands. It appears to me that this is the most standard size & shape, and thus probably the cheapest in terms of order quantities and price. Going with a larger, less popular pail might cost MMmore.

Steve

Latest posts

Back