Brew Belt Instructions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyt

Reaction score
I got a brew belt today and did something that I almost never do - I read the instructions that come with it. Now I am really confused. It says " if using a single-stage plastic fermenter position the belt around the outside of the fermenter so that the belt lies flat in the belt groove" What in the world does that mean? What is the belt groove? The only grooves I see are around the very top. I have a typical plastic Ropack 6.5 Imp Gal bucket.

Instructions also says not to use with a glass carboy . . . Really? What about those kits that have you finish fermenting after racking to glass?

I have been using them on glass for a Looooongtime with no problems. Basically, dont put them on a cold glass carboy like one that was 55* or lower as the temp difference cold shock the glass. As far as the fermenting bucket goes I have no idea what they mean.

I also use it on glass with NO problems.

I use mine on all plastic and glass vessels with no issues. Its best to place it lower on the carboy to heat the entire batch. I did an experiment placing the belt in the middle and two days later took temp readings with my laser thermometer and the top warmed up but the bottom did not.

I use mine with glass. I put the belt on the table at the bottom of the bottle and pull it up snug.

Latest posts

Back