Other Brehm Cabernet Sauvignon

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s.arkvinomaker

Reaction score
I got my order of 2 - 5 gallon buckets of Brehm Cabernet grapes from the Russian River Sonoma and I am very excited. SG of 1.10 with out having to do a thing to boost the potential alcohol was very impressive. The color is beautiful . Sonoma is my favorite destination for winery hopping. They produce some of the best tasting Cab's. Very distinct earthy flavor. I pressed some of the grapes and yeilded 5 gallons of juice. The rest of the grapes I steamed (experiment) and yielded another 3 gallons which I am fermenting separately. SG 1.09!!! This 3 gallon batched will be used for blending. I will bulk age the 5 gal batch for 2 years and am going to add french oak chips.
I got to visit George's not so new shop now for the first time. Very nice and it was great to see George again and visit for a minute. He told me about the availability of this new product and being familiar with the wines from Sonoma I jumped at the opportunity. I never thought I would ever get the chance to make wine from grapes from this region of the country. Thanks George!

Latest posts

Back