Bramble

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am trying to grow grapes. Blanche dubois that were bred for the coast and I have now transplanted 350 miles north.We shall see. I also have pears, blueberries and muscadines that I have made wine with.
Can you make a plum wine that does not come out as sake?

LOL. I don't see why not. Wanna share your muscadine or scuppernong recipes?

Can tann's be added any other time than at the begining of fermentation, like acids?????

Yes, in very small amounts, to taste. It is hard to get dissolved and usually requires blending in warm water. I suppose you could warm some wine. I use a blender.

Yes. I grow blackberries and actually got enough this year to try a 5 gallon batch. Also, raspberries...they are just coming in and slowly. I need 12 lbs to try a recipe for one gallon of raspberry liqueur by Jon Iverson. This is the ONLY wine/liqueur he makes from fruit (versus grapes). Why do you ask? pattimarie

Well, depending on where you are and what varieties/type you have planted, I thought we could share experiences and tips and maybe learn if I have pruned mine correctly. They are Apache, Navaho, and Arapaho thornless erect. I have 18 plants planted in december '03. I pinched all the blooms and berries off this first season, hoping to make them stronger. I pruned them about a month ago to about 3-4 feet tall all over. Some had canes 10-12 feet long! I have been having to spray fungicide because of this hot, wet summer and because I think they are getting Vermicillium Blight from tomatoes planted all over the neighborhood.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back