Bottles?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started by asking friends and family to save bottles for me. I then began to pick up bottles from a wine store that does tastings. This netted me a case of bottles a week!

shorecontainer.com, here also. I get a lot of used bottles from local wineries. I occasionally have to oder some clear bottles when I run low, though.

I just picked up 10 cases of brand new bottles for 80 bucks!!! SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Austin Homebrew's prices are pretty good if their flat rate shipping applies to bottles. I had good experience with Shore Container prior to discovering that my LHBS has Bordeauxs for $15.99 and I get a 10% discount.

Boatboy24 said:
Austin Homebrew's prices are pretty good if their flat rate shipping applies to bottles. I had good experience with Shore Container prior to discovering that my LHBS has Bordeauxs for $15.99 and I get a 10% discount.

Yep it does I ordered 4 5gallon carboys and 4 cases of 750ml bottles shipping 4.99 for the lot .

Ordered 8 cs bottles from Shorecontainers yesterday for only 72.64. Good price for bottles.
Received email from them today advising me that the shipping charge would be 111.34. Total: 183.98.
Cancelled order.

Checked at Midwest Supplies. Same 8cs cost 103.92,but shipping is only 56.25. Total: 160.17.

Will check a few other places before deciding what and where to order.

Obviously it's a good idea to check shipping charges as well as list prices of heavier items like bottles, carboys, and wine kits.

LOUMIK:mny

$6 per case, brand new, 750ml, clear or green, bordeaux or burgundy from Kellman Bottles on route 8 in Pittsburgh.

dangerdave said:
shorecontainer.com, here also. I get a lot of used bottles from local wineries. I occasionally have to oder some clear bottles when I run low, though.

I ended up taking ur advice today and asking the winery if I can take used bottles and they told me yes!!!! So excited I ended up scoring over 100 bottles!! I was on a mission all day

Good job! If you want new clean bottles, ask your winery if they could order extra the next time they place an order. My friend who owns a winery here is adding 28 more cases of bottles to his next order for me. I have a lot of wine aging right now.

GreginND said:
Good job! If you want new clean bottles, ask your winery if they could order extra the next time they place an order. My friend who owns a winery here is adding 28 more cases of bottles to his next order for me. I have a lot of wine aging right now.

That's smart! I thought about thAt, I thing every time I go I am going to take the cellar tour they give and try to brown nose the owner. So I will be able to ask for bottles, and hopefully ask them if they will sell me grapes or juice

$11 a case from Shore Container looked pretty good price wise until I saw the shipping. They charge about $15 a case shipping to my locale.

Latest posts

Back