Apricot juice recipe

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txlbbguy

Larry
Reaction score
I was given a ton of apricots from a friends tree and have finally finished steam juicing them all and ended up with just over 6 gallons of juice. I want to make a wine out of the pure juice without adding any water. Anyone have a good recipe for this or thoughts on how to do it?

This was my first use of the new steam juicer...that thing is amazing!

Recipes always vary but if it was me personally then I would check the acid level and assuming it is above .55 TA then I would add:

5tsp nutrient
3tsp pectic enzyme
1 1/4 tsp tannin
1/4 tsp Kmeta
sugar to 1.085

Make yeast starter the next day 6-12 hrs before pitching yeast using Red Star Cote de Blanc with 2cups water, 2Tbs sugar, pinch of acid blend, and 1/2 tsp nutrient

Wait 24hrs after introducing the Kmeta and then pitch yeast. Rack to secondary when below 1.010 and if it starts to slow after a week when checking SG you can add some DAP.

Kinda my goto for fruit recipes now. If acid is not at .55 you can add acid blend to bring up to that. Lucky guy to get that many apricots. Im jelly.

Last edited:
Thanks Calvus...that was pretty close to what I was thinking, so good to know I was not to far off! Getting it started tonight, so hopefully all the work on juicing will pay off.

Back