applesauce 15 % alchol

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xcaret

Reaction score
My apple wine I made has so much must still mixed in that its like apple sauce . I let it sit in 2 liter pop bottles for a month or so ,it got real fizzy ,like champagne. After releiving the co2 over a period of several days , I poured a drink tonight it measures 15% with my reader ,and kicks like it too. the clear stuff is onlt on the top 3 inches , then all cloudy and I poured the wehole works through a nylon stocking tonight ,it got some stuff out but still is way to cloudy and not setteling to the bottom. What can I do?
This was just a toss together batch, apples, lots of sugar ,water to 23 liters, half a jar of yeast ,I didn't measure anything , I seem to have the best stuff this way , and several suprises too. Is this where bennonite ( misspelled probably) comes into play? I never heard of eating wine ,so I would like to get the heavy stuff floating around to settle. One bottle had thick stuff on the top 3 inches then 3 inches of nice clear liquid then all the way down cloudy thick sauce type stuff.
Help !!

What tool are you using that lets you measure that you have 15% abv? A hydrometer only works if you measured before fermentation.

Apple wine takes a lot of time to clear, but will never completely clear without pectic enzyme. Did you add this?

I use my " vinometer" to check alcohol content . I checked it against store bought wine of various alcohol contents and found it dead on..
I didn't try pectin enyme but will get some , thanks..

Back