Any 2011 wine making resolutions?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larryh86GT

Reaction score
I've got a few:

I plan to buy at least 2 cases of the Aldi's canned plums this coming year.

I plan to make cucumber wine. I grew Oriental cucs this past summer and just did not have time to try it.

I plan to make wine from my Marquis table grapes. They are growing nicely and were very sweet this year.

I might as well get a corker. This appears to be a hobby I'll be doing awhile.

I plan to use my fruit crusher and monster press for the first time and make an apple wine with my apples from the backyard.

:b
Larry

I've got a few:

I plan to make cucumber wine. I grew Oriental cucs this past summer and just did not have time to try it.

I plan to make wine from my Marquis table grapes. They are growing nicely and were very sweet this year.

I plan to use my fruit crusher and monster press for the first time and make an apple wine with my apples from the backyard.

Larry

I made Plum from Aldi's canned plums. Came out ok.

When you say get a corker U mean a Floor Corker right?

I hope to make MORE wine then I did this year.. LOL (wink wink)

When the juices come out again I want to try adding a lug of fresh grapes to the mix.

Well I keep saying I'll never make as much as I did this year but we'll see about that. If I was making large quanities of just a few wines it would be a lot easier but I make 6 gallon batches of a lot of different wines and blends. I guess a resolution would be to use my steamer that has been in the box for a year and also to start testing my wines for more than just sg.

WAIT!

You have a steamer juicer and NOT used it?? :slp (which one)

Why ???

To get the wine in my basement bottled, and to start a batch of beer (before I run out of beer).

Steve

to test everything more

To make some different wines ( meaning not just grape wines) As I think this is my next step in learning more about winemaking.

To finish off converting my office to wine room. I have to install benches along the wall so that I can shoot for about 50 - 65 gallons this year

Is to not make slightly carbonated wine (On Purpose) again. I was thinnking it wouldnt make much lees in the bottle and would be nice but I ended up yanking it all, degassing it all, filtering it all, and re bottling it all! Sorry Julie. I pulled out a bottle of this the other day that I made on purpose and what a mess.

Wade I don't remember any sediment in my bottle and it was very good. Do you have a lock on your wine cellar now to keep the maid from rearranging bottles :).

Think I have to get my carboys empty and get the fruit out of my freezer before spring gets here and the freezer starts filling up again. Also, before i started making my own wines, I didn't drink much wine. Since then, have sampled some storebought wines and mine are at least as good and most a lot better. Course this is my opinion, but others say they aren't bad. I tell them if they don't like it, let me know, but havn't had much complaining, except mostly by me. When I do not like em, can usually make em better with a little sugar or sumthin. Take care all, and have a Merry Christmas and A happy and safe New Year. Arne.

Wade I don't remember any sediment in my bottle and it was very good. Do you have a lock on your wine cellar now to keep the maid from rearranging bottles :).
Ive always had a lock on the door just never locked it but I told her that she and anyone else is not allowed in there without me being there! Mainly because no one knows whats going n in there and I have a lot of other peoples wine in there and mine that is off limits to anyone! No one but me gies away my last bottle.

Same as cpfan's - bottle what I have ready to clear my backlog ( 11 kits) and make some beer. Also to finish my wine room and to make more fruit wine and the testing that goes with it.
Oh, and to use my new (to me) Wade approved vacuum pump!

I've got a few:

Larry

Now that I'm a dialysis patient, I can't drink as much as I did before. Don't mean I plan to make less wine but I hate having wine just sitting around. So, I plan to buy a corker and bottles so I can give bunches of my wines to friends for them to drink and enjoy.:p

Like others have said, I plan to do more testing. I ordered a MW102 pH meter and the eco A/O setup from morewine. They should be here in a few days.

I also have tons of bottling to do and tons of stuff in the freezer to ferment before next year's harvest time begins.

I'm also planning to reorg my record keeping. I'm changing from 8.5X11 to a 3X5 card box, hanging the cards on the carboys until finished, then into the box for future reference.

I plan on testing less and allowing for some age for once.
I plan to give less to the inlaws who complain about a free bottle of wine.....
I plan to make more by upgrading my equipment inventory:D
I plan to get 2 other people into wine making. Just got 2 started this December, so have to find 2 others.

Learning more of the nitnoids of winemaking. Upgrading to 5 gal carboys (can't keep wife out of 1 gals). And the most important, getting to know my WMT friends better.....

Go fishing more...oh and make more wine or at least try harder to stay on top of the ones that I am making.

to start making in 5 gallon batches during the fall instead of 1 gallon batches and to find elderberries somewhere local

I'm going to try to make more wine than last year plus try some new varieties.

Latest posts

Back