Another new CT addict!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roblloyd

Reaction score
Hi! I was looking for a wine making forum and found you guys.
I'm on my 3rd kit right now with 2 waiting to go.

I will have plenty of questions coming your way! :)

Rob

Thanks for the welcomes!

1st question - what is Skeeter Pee? I see lots of questions on it and none seem to really describe it.

Thanks for the welcomes!

1st question - what is Skeeter Pee? I see lots of questions on it and none seem to really describe it.

That got my attention when I first read this board too.
While I have not made or tasted it my understanding of it is that it is fermented from the liquid Real Lemon but it is helpful to have a starter slurry from another wine to get it started. I have heard it compared to Mike's Hard Lemonade but more like a wine.
I'm sure those who have made it and drank it will have a better explanation.
I now have a slurry from another wine that I plan on using to make a batch.

I tend to like it without a slurry. I've only tried slurry twice but prefer lemon on its own. Just start the water,sugar,chems and yeast. After 2 days your must should be under a full roar, add the lemon. Works every time. Skeeter is the bestest. Tall glass of ice and fill er up..... :se

Welcome but I don't think CT will be able to catch us PA'ers. :):):)

http://skeeterpee.com/
Here's the link to Lon's invention plus there have been many variables, all delicious. Wait until you offer someone some skeeter pee. They don't know what to say.

Anyway great to have you aboard.

Welcome! A great place for information and new ideas... I am on my third batch of SP and it is awesome..

ok I'm new to kits and such I know what skeeter pee is but whats the CT??

Welcome Rob, Im over here in Middlebury. I have a pretty extensive wine collection of homemade wines if your ever down ths way and want to try a few! Glad to have you aboard and we need all the Ct'ers we cvan get here to hopefully over throw the Pa'ers here! :)

Welcome Rob, Im over here in Middlebury. I have a pretty extensive wine collection of homemade wines if your ever down ths way and want to try a few! Glad to have you aboard and we need all the Ct'ers we cvan get here to hopefully over throw the Pa'ers here! :)

Thanks for the invite. I will be in Southbury on Thursday if you are around? I would love to try some!!!!!

Welcome to the forum---even though you're not from PA.

Lots of help here. Good luck!

I should be home after 4:30 pm so pm me if you want to stop by. Im not far from there at all. If we dont have power then I still hae a generator! Did you shovel your roof Rob?

Welcome Bob. All the wine making forums are great but this one is the friendliest. In addition to being interested in wine making they are sincerely interested in each other. A real community.

Latest posts

Back