another new beginning

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bg7mm

Reaction score
we had a good season last year, growing our own fruits and making wine, we had some really cold weather here down south this past winter, couple hard freezes but it did wonders for our peach and plum trees. a bumper crop of Saturn or donut peaches in the trees this year but the excitements in our grape and muscadine vines. I have no clue what we'll do with all the grapes hanging in our vines this year. . we've just started picking blackberrys from our Kiowa variety and their hugh this season. it's looking like we'll have many carboys loaded and bubbling soon. seems we'll have a bumper crop of all our fruits and veggies, I was wondering how you fellows are looking as far as your fruits and berrys for the upcoming wine making season

we made a couple batches of strawberry, peach and blackberry from processed juiced over the winter, a batch of blackberry from 50 pounds we had in the freezer left over from last season. i'm itching to get some wines going again soon. on a side note, we just finished building a crawfish farm for ourselves, we planted our crawfish in the pond today, in a few days we'll begin lower water levels to get them drilling into the levees to hold them over summer to reflood in October. still have a few inches of water left to fill our pond but looking good for all the crawdads the family can eat next year.. wishing you all the best wine season ever

Last edited:
Wow! you really seem to have it all together. Man, I love crawfish. When I worked in Houston and New Orleans, I could not get enough of them. The only mudbugs we get up here are pre-cooked and frozen. YUK!

I think we need to have a Craw Fish competition. Although it is such an inconvenience, I am willing to volunteer. Just send them up to me.

Man...I wish you were closer...I would gladly take some muscadines off your hands. We don't have those in South Texas.

Latest posts

Back