Amarone

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markg

Reaction score
I made an "ALL JUICE" Amarone last year and is fantastic. I want to make another but they do not come with raisons anymore. I was thinking of adding cherries this time, but before I order, has anyone made many Amarone's and which ones did you like better?

The All Juice Masters still has raisins and so does the Renaissance. I have made both the CC Showcase (just bottled but very good at a year old) & the Renaissance (absolutely fantastic at 2 years old).

Adding cherries will change the wine profile. Buy raisins if they don't come with the kit.
I buy Italian Amarone juice and add 2# of raisins

It's funny you should mention Amarone! I just happen to be enjoying a glass of my 2007 Mosti Amarone with raisins! I went to look up what kit it was and it's not listed. I only know that is wonderful! It should be really good with lasagna. =)

I think appleman did the Renaissance which is the cheaper Amarone with the raisins and said he thinks its better then the All juice.

Joan go through your order records and find the kit. Then you will know which one it is. I am 90% sure you did the All-Juice and yes the Ren is better in my opinion-much smoother and more full bodied with a ton of mouthfeel (one is great and the other is superb).

Rich, I did go thru my orders and it's not reorderable (is that a real word?) so I can't look it up. I believe it was the frozen juice because in that order there was also a Pinot Grigio and that one never made it here. =(

I believe you have it right Joan. I also got the same one as you and they were indeed the Frozen Must- which was actually pretty much a frozen All Juice. They had begun a slight fermentation when we got them in the bucket and had leaked some. I am going to see if I can find a link to it. I believe you title it "I'm Excited".

OK, here it is- a very nice wine- and very close to the All Juice Amarone.
http://forum.finevinewines.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4385&KW=amarone+frozen&PN=1

Wow! I'd forgotten about that thread! It was fun to read it again. Thanks for finding it, Rich.

So do you think the Renaissance is better than the frozen?

Me thinks that JOAN is eating the raisins and throwing away the wine!!!

<t></t><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><t><tr><td align="center"> </td></tr><tr><td style="padding-top: 5px;" align="center"> </td></tr></t></table></span>
rrawhide

ps: i read the thread too - good time had by all. Guess that I had better go and try my Ren Amarone. Have not had any for at least a year. Only 9 bottles left - gave away a lot last Christmas. Darn it!!!

There is a place online that sells Crimson raisins that sound tasty. If I were to use them to add to a wine must, do I have to kill the wild yeasts that may be on the skins? How about having to sanitze the raisins? I've tried a quick search here but have not seen anything on "preparing raisins".

Id watch out with adding raisins as some of them have sulfur added to them to protect them and others have an oil on them so if I were to use them Id wash them good and just probably doa starter with my yeast to make sure it takes hold before any wild yeast could.

Rawhide! I am NOT eating the raisins and throwing away the wine!!! :þ~~~~

I'm thinking they might taste really good when they are coming out of the primary tho! I think I will try them. =)

Latest posts

Back