Air lock ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TENNISTOWINE

Reaction score
I started 2 gallons of grape wine. SG was 1.06 on 2/10/11 when I started and .096 on 2/11/11 when I put in 2 gallon bottles. It has been 1 1/2 days and the airlocks are not bubbling. When should the bubbling begin?

Dont quite under stand!!! Your wine is done fermenting!!!! its not going to bubble anymore except possible just a little trapped C02 being released.

just wondering if you could check your sg again... that seems like a huge jump that fast without signs of fermenting...

Sorry for confusion. 2/21 not 2/11. I started it in primary on 2/11 sg 1.06. On 2/21 Sg was .96 so I put in glass jug and put airlock on. Tonight (1 1/2 days later) there still is no bubbling in airlock. When should it bubble?

Last edited:
Its done fermenting!!!! There is nothing left to bubble. It only bubbles when its fermenting and your yeats ahs already done its job. Did you have it in a bucket with the lid snapped down and an airlock on it? That would be the only time it would have bubbled.

No I had it in an open crock with a towel over the top. It was bubbling then. Since I put an airlock on it now in the jars it has not bubbled. So does that mean the sugar is all out of it and it is done fermenting?

Yep, your wine is done fermenting and now just needs to be degassed and cleared. I always manually degas my wine as Ive had a few batches that didnt degas themselves in a years time and that prevents it from clearing due to the trapped gas ho;ding sediment in suspension.

Latest posts

Back