age?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virgogirl

Reaction score
so i read over my instructions and wanted to know

it talked about aging and if i was going to age for more then six mouths i needed to add more metabisulphite powder. i don't plain on aging that long but what if i don't drink it all in six mouths is that going to ruin my batch. or am i getting aging mixed up?

my kit is a white zinfandel by vintners reserve.

thanks

Since this is a kit, if you plan on drinking it in the first year I think you'll be fine not adding any. If you are concerned, add about 1/8 tsp to an ounce of hot water to disolve it and then stir it into your wine.

it this something i would add right before i bottle it. that is when they mentioned it in the instruction?

thanks guys i think i will add some for before i bottle it. now i have a white wine is that ok to age some thought i might keep a bottle or two for a while?

thanks guys i think i will add some for before i bottle it. now i have a white wine is that ok to age some thought i might keep a bottle or two for a while?
Last night I opened a bottle of Ken Ridge Classic New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc (a Limited Edition) that was bottled January 2009. Fine wine!!

So yeah you can (and should IMO) age a white.

Steve

Last night I opened a bottle of Ken Ridge Classic New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc (a Limited Edition) that was bottled January 2009. Fine wine!!

So yeah you can (and should IMO) age a white.

Steve

sounds really good i may have to try:h

Latest posts

Back