Adding kmeta

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arh13p

Reaction score
I added 6 campden tablets to the juice PRIOR to fermenting. Now I am ready to rack to secondary. Do I need to add kmeta or should I wait until my next racking since I already did the tablets before fermenting?

We don't add more meta at this point---you'll also have the CO2 still at work in the secondary for a while that also protects the wine. After the first racking, you can add a little more. What kind of wine is this and what's the PH? That will help determine how much meta you will need.

Not sure what ph is I didn't test it. This is the dragon blood version. I was going to rack, add some white grape concentrate for flavor, degas and add super cleer. After a month I usually rack all the sediment off and let bulk age.

If you bulk age, there's no reason to manually degas. I really dislike the idea of degassing non-kit wines. It's a great invitation for potential oxidation.

If you don't know what the PH is, then you probably want to add enough SO2 to approach the 40-50 PPM level.

Latest posts

Back