Adding flovor to Concord & Niagara Fresh juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

almargita

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 5 gal of Concord, 10 gal of Niagara & 3 gal of the blend of both from fresh juice, all clearing very nice! Racked off the lees to glass when about .995 for all. Due for another racking soon. Has anyone added frozen Welches White Grape or Concord concentrate juice to these for extra flavor?? Or even to sweeten & flavor?? Not even sure if it would need the extra flavor from the concentrate?? It was just something I thought of from reading all the people making wine from just Welches alone. I plan to backsweeten later to make them medium sweet. Just wondering what the concentrate would do to the fresh juice & if it would help it any?? Any suggestions or comments??

Al

I don't think you would need to add any extra flavor, Concord and Niagara are both very flavorful, just backsweeten using some of the wine and sugar or make an f-pac

I agree with Julie. I have friends who have made Concord and Niagra for years and they haven't had to add any kind of flavors. Just sugar. Let us know how it turns out! Niagra is my favorite!

Latest posts

Back