Adding Commerical Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cannew

Reaction score
I made a kit of Cabernet Sauvignon and added a litre or two more water than I should have.

The must has just about completed its second fermeting. Reading is currently 0.0995. I'll check it again tomorrow to see if it's the same.

I had planned to add a commerical Cab to top up the carboy.

Anyway the question is would it be benificial to add more than one bottle of commerical Cab to try and improve the quality, making up for my initial error? Is there something else I should consider?

I made a kit of Cabernet Sauvignon and added a litre or two more water than I should have.

The must has just about completed its second fermeting. Reading is currently 0.0995. I'll check it again tomorrow to see if it's the same.

I had planned to add a commerical Cab to top up the carboy.

Anyway the question is would it be benificial to add more than one bottle of commerical Cab to try and improve the quality, making up for my initial error? Is there something else I should consider?

You could do that, but it would take a dozen bottles of commercial to make a real difference. That would be expensive, then what would you have in the end.

You could also age it in a neutral, 6 gallon barrel for about 6 months, keeping it topped off with good wine. You would loose at least a couple of liters of water over that time.

I would just make sure I top off with wine and live with it until next time.

Latest posts

Back