AAASTRAWBERRY Wine!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Displacement. Instead of using water, syrup or other wine to top up a carboy, some of us put sanitized marbles in. I help keep you from watering down your wine, adding too much sweet or changing the flavor with other wines.

Hi In The Pines said:
ok, whats the deal with the marbles?? How will it work to my advantage?
Edited by: PolishWineP

Very cool and awesome!! What a great idea. This will help me so much, since I am using a 3gal primary and a 3gal carboy, and im only making 1-2 gal recipes. Perfect!!

Who ever thought of that, is a pure genious!!

Unless you're going to put the 2 gallon batches into 2 1-gallon carboys I would stick with either 1 gallon or 3 gallons. 2 gallon carboys are almost impossible to come by. I don't know if you'd want to do that much displacement. Just a thought.

Hi In The Pines said:
Very cool and awesome!! What a great idea. This will help me so much, since I am using a 3gal primary and a 3gal carboy, and im only making 1-2 gal recipes. Perfect!!

Who ever thought of that, is a pure genious!!

If my wine comes out half as good as these labels did (they look great off the printer) this will be dynamite!!

2005-08-21_144033_maui_wowie.jpg

filtered, sweetened (to 1.008), and bottled the maui wowie strawberry
banana wine tonight, was hard using the filter, had to make all new
hoses for it and first time using it, but all the 5 gallons went
through the fine filters ( fitlers are course, fine and sterile)
without any problem.

2005-08-21_201838_bottled_maui_wowie_002.jpg

2005-08-21_202020_wine_filter_maui_wowie_003.jpg

Great looking wines Stinkie....
smiley32.gif

I would be more than happy to provide you my home address if you should require the services of a taster
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back