AAASTRAWBERRY Wine!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stinkie, Since you asked opinions, I'll give mine. (Yes, I'm sure you're surprised at that!
smiley36.gif
) I wouldn't oak it. I'd make it a nice, sweet little number. I think that the dryer a strawberry wine gets the less of the strawberry you taste. And from the looks of those berries, I'd hate to lose that sweet fruit flavor. But, that's just my opinion.
smiley2.gif

AAASTINKIE said:
I wasn't going to put any oak in my strawberry wine, does anyone else have an opinion on oak in strawberry??
smiley25.gif

smiley25.gif
Edited by: PolishWineP

Curt said:
Nice looking wine! Add a little oak and you will have one for the record books.

Polish,

Reading your posts you have to be in either East Grand or Fargo. I'm over a ways south of Bemidji.

Well ya den, we be by de East side, den. Actaully, we're in Warren, MN, 20 miles North and 10 miles East of E.G.F. You know, it's a lot like Bemidji, but without the trees, hills, lakes and curves in the road. Otherwise, it's the same!
smiley2.gif

Sometimes if ya like a subtle oak character, you can use chips only in the bucket and discard them when you rack to glass. This will give a completely different taste than using them in the carboy or while bulk aging. I usually do both in a med.-full bodied red like blackberry, but my personal preference would be to not use it at all in strawberry. If I got a wild hair and did it anyway, I would go with french oak, bucket only.

smiley16.gif

Got a question for the strawberry king. I added too much water to
my batch of strawberry wine. Made 4 gallons of wine instead of
3. Can I make another 1 gallon batch and mix it in at bottling to
increase the body of the watered wine? Should I increase the the
amount of strawberrys to 4lbs?

this is my first strawberry wine...I just started making wine in
February....no expert, in fact I have quite a few bottles of mistakes
to drink!!! fortunatly they taste good just a little cloudy...lol

kaizen said:
Got a question for the strawberry king. I added too much water to my batch of strawberry wine. Made 4 gallons of wine instead of 3. Can I make another 1 gallon batch and mix it in at bottling to increase the body of the watered wine? Should I increase the the amount of strawberrys to 4lbs?

Start a one gallon batch of heavier bodied wine and blend the 2 into a 5 gallon carboy and finish normally.

Thanks. That is what I was leaning towards, but blending during the bottle stage. Its good to have confirmation.

racked the strawberry banana today stabalized and fined, the strawberry
banana is much darker than the strawberry and there is only 5 gallons.

2005-07-26_163615_apple_filter_july_05_007.jpg

Hey, when I degassed my strawberry banana wine there was NO gas, anyone ever have this happen?

bottled my strawberry wijne today added 4 cups of sugar to bring the SG
to 1.005, made it taste much better, but it still needs some aging.

2005-07-30_130504_strawberry_wine_bottle_001.jpg

2005-07-30_130635_strawberry_wine_bottle_003.jpg

Looks very good, so how much you pulling in on the Palmolive advertisement gig. LOL
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back