A Sincere Word of Thanks

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mromilio

Reaction score
Hello all-

I'm new to this hobby. Started last christmas with a Mr. Beer kit, made 5 or 6 batches of mediocre beer, and unsatisfied with the fruits of my labor, decided to branch out into more advanced beer brewing using more sophisticated equipment.

Instead, I ran into a few articles about making fruit wines, and decided to get into small batch 1 gallon winemaking. Picked up a winemakers kit from Midwest Supply and got a recipe for Strawberry from the included booklet that came with the kit. The recipe was bare bones, and as it sat fermenting, I began to eat up research on the web on winemaking. I came across the app for this forum on the iPad, and haven't looked back since.

Based on the posts by the helpful, experienced and friendly members of this forum, I learned the basics of the right way to make wine. I learned recipes like DD's Dragon Blood, Welch's Concord Grape from frozen concentrate, and a Cherry Pie recipe that I will be starting next week.

I've got the Welchs in secondary right now, waiting to be racked again in about 2 months, the Strawberry aging right now, a white berry grape from concentrate has just been racked, and the beautiful Dragon Blood about to be bottled in a week's time. I took a taste right after backsweetening the Dragon Blood and realized at that point, I can make drinkable wine! That clinched it for me. I can't see another period of the rest of my life that I don't have a gallon fermenting some sort of wine.

Thanks to the experienced members who offer their help and advice to all who need it. I hope to be able to add my 2 cents as I become more experienced, but I feel like I know what I am doing already. If you read my winemakers log, you'd think I was the manager of a winery with all the technical jargon I am throwing around.

I've attached a few pics of what I have working. Thanks again for fueling my new obsession!

Mario

image-2252650184.jpg

image-2366185266.jpg

Lookin good and welcome to the club of the obsessed.

Hmmm. Cherry pie putting that on my todo list.

Welcome aboard Mario. Can't wait to hear your comments when you make a all juice wine ... No water.

I'm glad you enjoy the recipes and the friendly people. I started out the same as you. Right here, learning from these great wine makers.

Just remember to pay it forward. Share your knowledge and experience with other new wine makers. It's much easier to make good wine when other folks have made the mistakes before you!

And welcome! We're happy to have you!

Latest posts

Back