A month of tastings

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was wonderful, the chocolate was sure waving hello last night. I'm very pleased this one has held up so well. The first batch of OCP I made I used the boring stock labels because I just could not find anything else interesting, then I was searching for something else and this pic popped up.One day I'll invest in photo editing software.

Day 8 Banana Pineapple Viognier

2011_Paradise_Beach_Desktop_Resolution.jpg

2011_Christmas_Paradise_Beach_Desktop_Resolution.jpg

And yes with coconut rum. This batch was split between hubby's Christmas gifts for the office and those of us longing for summer, or at least days that reach 70.

BTW Happy National Brownie Day!

Day 9 White Shiraz

2007_White_Shiraz_Desktop_Resolution.jpg

Yep the label should look familiar as its our Christmas label and all I change is the name of the wine. Getting bored with the label so I may change on of these days. The wine is from a CC kit and for a "white" wine this is pretty darn good. I think the Shiraz helps with that sweetness you normally get with this style. Sadly this was the very last bottle.

Day 10 Synergy

2007_Synergy__Desktop_Resolution.jpg

This was a limited edition by CC and our last bottle from this kit.

Day 11 Chocolate Orange White Port

2007_Orange_Chocolate_Port_Desktop_Resolution.jpg

I had just put this together when I saw RJS's OCP. I have tasted this on and off and have been disappointed and just kinda forgot about this one. Tasted it today and was happily surprised as its no longer thin or harsh.

100% fresh squeezed OJ + cocoa powder

Make lots because the sediment drop was unreal! Started with 1.5 gallons and still had to top up with brandy.

I made a Strawberry Chocolate Port like that and yes the sediment layer was astonishing!!!

Day 12 Cabernet Merlot

2007_Cab_Merlot_Desktop_Resolution.jpg

This oldie was a freebie after I wrote to the company telling them what I thought of their product. My replacement was one of their "top of the line" products. The wine itself was not bad, nothing I would have gone out of my way to purchase but most folks enjoyed it.

Heron Bay product. Do remember me writing about a mist kit that I said my cough medicine tasted better in a side by side taste test? I wrote the manufacture with my observations and they sent me this replacement. A better deal and all right wine, not great but a nice wine with dinner and in stews.

Day 13 Carmenere

2007_Chilean_Carmenere_Desktop_Resolution.jpg

This is a MM Ren kit and I am really surprised because every time I've
tasted this wine I thought "gee this is just not what I was expecting."
The first time we had a Carmenerewas at a tasting and when the bottle was opened the araoma was amazing and that's what I expected from this wine. The taste of this has been flat as well up until today, it really has finally become a very nice wine.
+1 for patience

Nice to know about the Ren Carmenere as we have a kit 2 years old now which has the same mute, flat character. Not really like any commercial Carmenere yet so there is benefit to waiting longer until year 4!!!, hope it turns out like yours.

It's still not like any commercial and the aroma is lacking even leaving it out overnight, but it's finally drinkable. I had really given up hope so I'm very pleased and plan to enjoy this while its on the upswing.

Day 15 MM Ren Amarone

2007_Italian_Amarone_Desktop_Resolution.jpg

Without question my favorite kit wine, nothing comes close. Was in it's prime at the 2-3 year mark. Sadly this was the last bottle.
smiley19.gif

2 dates, one when started and the other when bottles? I have 1 bottle left of my 2007 RJS EP Amarone! :(

Back