A/C went out.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yanks4carolyn

Reaction score
My a/c went out and I had to move 2 gallons of wine to the fridge. One of them is in its last rack and the other is on 3rd rack and still really cloudy and I had added sparkaloid 2 days earlier. Do I take them out now and continue on or will they need to live their life cold, in the fridge?

I am not sure what temperatures that you are normally dealing with - but cold stabilizing might help the wine to clear more quickly.

Be patient clearing a wine never happens over night. When and what was the wine? If made with fresh fruit your looking at about a year to clear I even let my kits to clear at least 8 mos and when your racking your stirring up the lees. There are always exceptions fi dragon blood or skeeter pee. Actually need more info on what was made, when and how but yes it will clear its just the matter of when
Barbie

Banana is the one that is close to bottling. Peach pineapple is the one that still needs clearing. Both made with fresh fruit. My main question is since I had to refrigerate, does it always have to stay refrigerated? I need them out of my fridge if that is possible. Room in fridge is the problem, not clearing time.

They had been in room temp of 70. When the a/c went out I put them in the sink with ice water and later put in the fridge when I had to leave. Now the a/c is fixed and room temp is 70.

Back