750ml bottle drilled stoppers

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForzaItalia

Reaction score
Hi All,

Was looking to get some drilled bungs for 750ml bottles. Does anyone know what size they are and where I can find them?

Thanks!

Ilario

I don't know which size stopper, but I would like to offer up a workaround in case it helps. I have drilled out the center of #8 corks with a 1/2 inch drill bit and once in the neck of the bottle the airlock fits nice and snug in the opening.

Thanks botigol! I will try that tonight, nothing like saving a couple of bucks :mny

My notes indicate that the #2 bung fits wine & beer bottles. I thought I had a couple, but the last time this question came up I couldn't find them.

Sorry I don't know what retailers would carry them.

Steve

ForzaItalia said:
Hi All,

Was looking to get some drilled bungs for 750ml bottles. Does anyone know what size they are and where I can find them?

Thanks!

Ilario

Yes either # 2 or # 3 will work
I prefer #3 as it doesn't sit SOO deep in the neck

I sell both if interested - what ever size holes within reason

PM me if interested

Thanks Steve

Ok this one time I am going to respectfully tell you to disregard everything everyone else told you. You probably already have one and don't even know it. If not, go buy some universal bungs and turn it upside down and it will attach right to your 375, 750, and 1.5l bottles.

universal bung.gif

Ok this one time I am going to respectfully tell you to disregard everything everyone else told you. You probably already have one and don't even know it. If not, go buy some universal bungs and turn it upside down and it will attach right to your 375, 750, and 1.5l bottles.

Awesome Runningwolf, Who would have thunk it.

Beano

Wow Dan, I very literally never would have thought of that. Nice! My solution, however, involves power tools...oh yeah! :h

Steve was also able to make me a custom #11 splash racking adapter so I can use it on my 40 liter carboys. Very helpful and insightful. Thanks Steve and Runningwolf for your help!!

Latest posts

Back