2011 Red Raspberry Bottled today

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shen

Reaction score
I bottled my red raspberry today using my all-in-one-wine-pump, and I have to say that bottling has never been easier!!

Its berry tasty!! :db

red_raspberry.jpg

Hey Shen that is one of the wines I was playing around with today. The problem with mine is very high acid. Did you have that problem and what did you do. How sweet did you make it. I am looking at blending mine with some crabapple and niagara.

Hey Shen that is one of the wines I was playing around with today. The problem with mine is very high acid. Did you have that problem and what did you do. How sweet did you make it. I am looking at blending mine with some crabapple and niagara.
Hi Dan,
My juice was pretty high in TA (1.52) when I bought the 5 gal hot pack from Walker's. I ended up diluting it with a gallon of water, and added enough calcium carbonate to drop .4%. The TA ended up around .81 When It was finished it was pretty tasty, but didn't really have great raspberry finish I was looking for, even though I sweetened it to 1.034 sg. so I went to my local shop and picked up 4 oz of Brewer's Best Raspberry extract. When I added that, it gave me exactly what it was lacking. I hope this helps.

Scott thats where I got mine also.I also added a gallon of water but that was it. I feel the raspberry was stron in flavor but to cut the acid down I'll be blending it like I posted above. I see you bottled in 375 ml bottles. Did you make this a desert wine. They look really pretty.

Scott thats where I got mine also.I also added a gallon of water but that was it. I feel the raspberry was stron in flavor but to cut the acid down I'll be blending it like I posted above. I see you bottled in 375 ml bottles. Did you make this a desert wine. They look really pretty.
This was made as a desert wine. I also split the batch with a friend of mine, so putting it in the smaller bottles, we each still got about 30 bottles each! Plus, I figured if I put it in smaller bottles, it would last twice as long, right? ;)

Plus, I figured if I put it in smaller bottles, it would last twice as long, right? ;)

lol....unfortunately, wrong....it just means more corks having to be popped at a time.....roflmao...:D

Hmm... looks like some of those bottles have really thick bottoms. I like those, did you collect them or buy them? Wine looks great!

Good for you. They look great.

I use the same bottling setup from Steve. Before I started using it, I wasted 1/2 to 1 full bottle of wine at every bottling. Now, I can honestly say I don't waste even a tablespoon of wine. Also takes about 1/4th the time to bottle.

Hmm... looks like some of those bottles have really thick bottoms. I like those, did you collect them or buy them? Wine looks great!

I've been collecting them from the tasting room of my local winery. That's what they use to bottle their red and black raspberry. Ended up I needed a few more at the end, so I just bought a case of new empties off of them for $1.15 / bottle. That's almost not worth my time to scrape the labels at that price.

Latest posts

Back