10 drops pectic enzyme convert to teaspoons ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TENNISTOWINE

Reaction score
a JALAPENA wine recepe calls for 10 drops pectic enzyme per gallon. I have powder pectic enzyme so how many teaspoons will it take?

look on your bottle, it will tell you how many tsp per gallon you should use.

10 drops pectic enzyme

Thanks, so it does not make a difference which fruit I am using? I thought different fruits would take different amounts of pectic enzyme.

3-4 drops per gallon or 21 drops for a 6 gallon bucket. I've made a variety of fruit wines and the fruit is almost mush by 1.020

allow 12-24 hours for it to work before adding your yeast. If you are adding sulfite to your must allow that same time before adding the pectic enzyme.

A bottle will handle 25 six gallon buckets. I use mine mostly up then buy another bottle and I'll add using both bottles in case it starts to get old. Keep it refrigerated.

3-4 drops per gallon or 21 drops for a 6 gallon bucket. I've made a variety of fruit wines and the fruit is almost mush by 1.020

allow 12-24 hours for it to work before adding your yeast. If you are adding sulfite to your must allow that same time before adding the pectic enzyme.

A bottle will handle 25 six gallon buckets. I use mine mostly up then buy another bottle and I'll add using both bottles in case it starts to get old. Keep it refrigerated.

Hey, you still home???? Aren't you suppose to be somewhere getting Doug and I something??????, :tz

The cool thing about the Internet is I can answer from anywhere. Leaving Monday. See you Thursday.
Everyone enjoy and have a safe holiday, with or without pectic enzyme.

10 drops pectic enzyme

djrockingsteve: I have the powder. I want to convert 10 drops into teaspoons?

I never have used the drops, but it looks to me like about 1 1/8 tsp is about the same as 10 drops. I may be all wrong, but that's what it looks like to me, but then too, I've never been accused of being very smart.

Semper Fi

pectic enzyme ?

Thanks Bud, If you are not smart at least you are kind for being the only one answering my question.

Latest posts

Back