Columbia Crest's Crowdsource Cabernet

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcbrown73

Clueless Winemaker
Reaction score
Have any of you been involved in the Columbia Crest's Crowdsource Cabernet?

I joined it for the 2015 vintage, but I really haven't participated. Did anyone else join it or even join the 2014 vintage? I think it's a very cool idea on the part of Columbia Crest.

For those that aren't sure what it is. Crowdsourcing is something done in the technology industry. It's where you get the general public to help (crowdsource) get something up and running. In this case, Columbia Crest is letting the general public crowdsource the choices made during the winemaking process.

That's really cool! I signed up and voted.

Last edited:
Yep. I have been a CC Reserve Club Member for years now. Signed up for the 1st Crowd Sourced vintage and placed my vote(s) along the way. Placed my order a few months back. Really good price ($20 a bottle IIRC) and they are/were selling them in 3 packs with a wooden CC case that they were customizing with your full name engraved for free.

Supposed to be shipped at the end of the month and they are shipping all of them 2 day (air) for the same price as ground shipping due to the warm temps across the country.

I just took the plunge and joined their Reserve Club. $5 flat rate shipping is almost as good as free.

I just took the plunge and joined their Reserve Club. $5 flat rate shipping is almost as good as free.

So did I. I thought it would use the same account as the Crowdsource Cab, but it doesn't seem too.

Before my territory changed I used to drive by there just about every week actually patterned some of my trellises after some that they have. They let me walk the vineyard and look at their set up. Lots of wheat out there too

Last edited:
Supposed to be shipped at the end of the month and they are shipping all of them 2 day (air) for the same price as ground shipping due to the warm temps across the country.

Wait, what?? Warm temps across the country? Somebody forgot to tell Maryland about that. 50s and 60s with near daily rain here the last 4 weeks.

Next vote is up: How much silkiness should the wine have? (blending with Malbec, etc)

I choose Medium.

I went heavy.

Wine-making needs to happen faster! I'm already very interested in tweaking and learning difference things. I'm extremely happy that I split my chardonnay into two three gallon carboys and oaked half if it. Just tasting the difference it made is very exciting. :HB

I want to learn blending too!

Just got my notice of shipment of my 6 pack of 2014 Crowdsourced Cab Sauv next week. I emailed them immediately and asked them to confirm this will be shipped by 2-Day Air and they already responded back that it would be. Will post a few picks when I get it in.

2014 was the first batch right? Maybe I will pick up a few bottles to see the outcome.

Yep, they were only offered to CC Club Members IIRC. Don't think you will find any on any store shelves. You may be able to call them and see if any are left. They come in 3 packs (wooden) and they even engraved your name on them somehow. :sm

This is very interesting....I also voted for heavy silkiness :ib

So if you join the Reserve club, it is about $45 (the least option) per shipment and you get 2 bottles every quarter, is that correct?

If so we're looking at a ~$25/bottle shipped to your door, right?

Not quite. More like $36 a bottle with TTL. Sometimes a little less if a white is in the shipment. Sometimes a little more especially for the flagship Reserve Cab Sauv that won WS Wine of the year. It has an MSRP of $45 w/o your club discount.

Last edited:
I see.
I see their H3 is priced at $15 for non-club members and $12 for club members, plus shipping obviously.

At Costco the H3 is like $13.99 if I remember.....so aside from the 'Reserve' wines I would see no benefit in buying H3 from them....yes I am frugal...:)

I see.
I see their H3 is priced at $15 for non-club members and $12 for club members, plus shipping obviously.

At Costco the H3 is like $13.99 if I remember.....so aside from the 'Reserve' wines I would see no benefit in buying H3 from them....yes I am frugal...:)

Yes, club members get 20% off.

Total Wine has the best price I've seen on H3 Cab @ $10.27. Reminds me - I should go buy more.

Back