Flower (dandelion) wine left in carboy w/ airlock for a year...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muggleluck

Junior
Reaction score
Will this be spoiled?

:ib

Like a superlatively bad parent, I left what I thought was my treasured wine in my good friend's basement for a year. I don't believe my friend's did my the favor of replacing the airlock with a solid stopper. I live in the Northwest, so the basement has stayed pretty cool all these months. As far as I know, things were kept pretty sterile and I used champagne yeast.

Thanks everyone!

:fsh

@Arne , I think you misread his post. He said "I don't believe my friend's did my [sic] the favor of replacing the airlock with a solid stopper." (Emphasis added.)

Hence my question!

Hi guys. No, I know they weren't taking care of it at all so the airlock probably ran out of water months ago. I need to go check on it ASAP. What do you think though? Would there be any chance that 6 mos can go by with no proper seal and have the batch still be good?

Thanks!

@Arne , I think you misread his post. He said "I don't believe my friend's did my [sic] the favor of replacing the airlock with a solid stopper." (Emphasis added.)

Hence my question!

LOL, you know I reread that post several times and still got it wrong. I know I went back and read it again and it still didn't get from the screen to my pea brain. Arne.

If it was in a carboy with little or no airspace I think it will be fine. But like Arne said. SMELL IT FIRST, , then taste it.

Back