Making wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinniemac

Reaction score
I have been following this site for a few years now and have some nice vines growing. I,ll have one fifty foot row of Marquette that will be 3 years old next year I don't know how much I will get. But I know one thing I havent a clue on how to make wine from them.I have gotten a lot of good advice here on growing the vines. Can anyone tell me where to find the information on making the wine. And what equipment I will need
Vince

I have been following this site for a few years now and have some nice vines growing. I,ll have one fifty foot row of Marquette that will be 3 years old next year I don't know how much I will get. But I know one thing I havent a clue on how to make wine from them.I have gotten a lot of good advice here on growing the vines. Can anyone tell me where to find the information on making the wine. And what equipment I will need
Vince

Hi Vince, this book by Spaziani is a great place to start for beginners along with a starter wine kit. Check out the sponsors page for a supplier. I also like this site

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you ever made wine from a kit or juice? If not I would find a store that sells wine making supply's and pick their brain. Maybe able to give you a name of someone who does. Hope this helps some. Can also try your local library. If you want to drive some I am about 70 miles north of you.

Vince

Vince,
I found the Morewine Guide to Red Winemaking to be essential. I printed it out and keep it with my wine journal. It's more than you need to know for a first batch, but will answer nearly any question.
http://www.morewinemaking.com/public/pdf/wredw.pdf
Heather

I think I knew, basically, how to make wine when I first came to this site, but I can't believe you can't find information on how to make wine here.
edit: One criticism I've heard and agree with; even the forum entitled "Winemaking with Grapes" is all about kits and buckets. There is no specific forum where you get actual, real live grapes and make wine with them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back