when good wines gone bad

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how many have used or tried using ZESTING

• Total voters
John, Rocky, Joe, Robie, great discourse. Excellent example of how a forum discussion should be. Wade, you should be proud, if you're not out fishing. :fsh

Lost a post some were,with the PLUM,extracts of cinnamon,and orange,truly holiday spirits :i

Was talking with the wife on the plum and she said that might be a good idea, I got to thinking that it may very well be one to try.

CHANITI AND ITALIAN FAVORITE

Good to hear from you and yes just like one of our meetings only on a larger scale,how is the one with the raisins doing so far?how long have you had them in there? how dry are you going to make them?
The raisin one by itself should be quite good as a stand alone,remember to layer a little oak into the process,and a little more kmet at the end to assure fermentation will not start again, with the addition of the raisins you need to be sure.

What type of zest are you thinking of adding if you zest? to the second half or am I going ahead of you? OR WOULD A GOOD BLACKBERRY FPAC BE BETTER? :gn

Joe, Sunday I will probably rack one 5 gal carboy into gallons. I'll use the zest from each of an orange, lemon, & grapefruit. I'm not sure about how much to use for each gallon but if I use too much, I'll have enough to blend it. I'm glad you reminded me at exactly the right time. See ya on the 3rd Sunday.

Richard L.

ZESTING:h

usually for 5/6 gallons 2 0f each is enough when you get to the third stage of operations or before finding,taste it ,if ok then move forward if not grapefruit only ,can't go wrong,check sg. and move forward .....see you soon:pic

Joe,
What would you blend Blackberry with?
I just started a Blackberry wine from steamed juice. Thinking on blending with a friut wine.
Suggestions...

blackberry blend

I think:sm

blackberries and most other berries will do nicely with RED WINES,i f you look at the fruit flavor kits out there you'll see what I mean.and rightly so ,if I were to take this on a flavor ride I would do pomegranate the natural side bar of flavor to the taste profile,thats my opinion,that's why I thought richard would have chosen the blackberry with the chaniti.its a natural.:hug but that's just my take on it...what do you think.:ib

berry combinations

DO THEY GO? :pic

Just a matter of preference,but if you look at the taste of a blackberry its dry and sometimes bitter,a blueberry how ever is very lite on taste and and is really over powered ,, separate they will ,when matched correctly be great,but together I don't think so ,that just my opinion.:ib
Took a sample of the amarone today here's the verdict, Aroma lite,body med/heavy,legs good,taste,achola up front smooth,fruit in the middle and wood to the back,overall-a good amarone for any dinner for under $4.00.....:a1 ,tepe when I see you in two weeks I'll bring a bottle and let you describe it to the forum..:b

OK, U need some Blackberry?I have extra frozen

blackberries

NO THANK YOU...WHATS YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE THREAD SO FAR>>>PHOTOS TO COME <I HOPE THIS WEEK:pic

Good. This is the purpose of the forum.

Sharing experience and help others make better wine.

Amarone

THE AMARONE EXPERIMENT:b

I have completed my WE amarone international experiment,for those of you who who are not aware I took a kit and as stated in this thread enhanced it and created a better kit than the mfg. had intended.

On another site is the AMARONE SAGA,IT TELL S YOU STEP BY STEP HOW TO INCREASE BODY, FLAVOR AND IN A WINE KNOWN TO REQUIRE LONG AGING,SHORT TERM CREATED GREAT TASTE,BY LAYERING THE OAK AND PROPER USE OF RAISINS,GOOD TIMING AND CHEM. PRACTICES....ANYONE CAN MAKE A GOOD WINE KIT BETTER.:b

Extracts

EXPRESSO CELLO:u

HERES A RECIPE ON HOW TO MAKE A EXPRESS CELLO MY STYLE.

RECIPE- 12 CUP OF GOOD QUAILITY EXPRESSO COFFEE AT THE READY,,EVERKLEER AND GOOD QUAILITY COFFEE BEANS,,SIMPLE SYURP,,,I PREPARE THESE ITEMS IN BALL QUART JARS THEIR EASY TO WORK WITH, REUSABLE AND CLEAR....:pic

TO START;PLACE THE COFFEE BEANS IN THE BALL JAR ALMOST FILLED,ADD THE EVERKLEER TO THE TOP PLACE THE LID ON TIGHT AND LET STAND FOR A 2MONTHS ,AFTER THAT TIME FRAME REMOVE THE BEANS AND REFILL THE JAR WITH NEW BEANS AND THE EXSISTING ENFUSED EVERKLEER,AFTER 1 MONTH THE EXTRACTION IS DONE AND MATURED FOR USE":pic

TO THE POT WE GO:b

AFTRE THE ENFUSION IS OVER PREPARE YOUR BOTTLES AND BEGIN THE MIX..12 CUPS OF EXPRESSO (FRESH MADE AND COOLED),ENFUSED COFFE BEAN EXTRACT AND SIMPLE SYURP ALL TO TASTE ..THE ONLY CONSTANT IS THE 12 CUPS OF EXPRESSO COFFEE, THE REST IS UP TO YOUR TASTE BUDS,AFTER YOU MADE YOUR BLEND STIR WELL ,REFERGERATE OVER NIGHT TASTE THE FOLLOWING DAY IS IT GREAT,IF SO BOTTLE IF YOU NEED TO ADJUST NOWS THE TIME AND BOTTLE......:b THIS IS ONE USE OF EXTRACT IN CELLOS ,WE ADD TO THE TOOL BOX AS WE MOVE ALONG ON THIS TOPIC AND ZESTEXTRACTIONS THE DO'S AND DON'T:u

1.EXPRESSO

2.EXTRACTION

SIMPLE SYURP

THIS IS THE ORDER

My thoughts on the thread are:

I am really enjoying it. There is a lot of info.

Thanks

pics

NO PICS:sh

Did a whole video tonight and couldn't download it to my computer,need to try another way....will get their:rn

Well, I know we tweak wine alot and we are definitely not conventional, but now we are limited. The federal gov't actually imposes MANY restrictions on wineries and more specifically, fruit wines. That directly contradicts a few of the wines we were wanting to produce. Namely, our pecan maple bourbon, which is two fold in this case. One, maple syrup or molasses is strictly prohibited, Two, bourbon is also strictly prohibited in a winery. Brandy, however, can be used, which probably wouldn't taste right. Also, you have to have a different license for +14% abv and they are considered liqours. You can not blend two different non-grape fruit wines. You can however put different fruits in the primary as longs as you get approval and place the percentage of what's in it on the label, which we are doing for some wines.

Going from home wine maker to commercial was a change, but we are adapting. It does suck being told you can't do this or that anymore. I wish they'd pull some of these dumb regulations on acids, etc. I don't know why it makes a difference? I can understand getting approvals for some things as it's a "fail-safe" to consumers in a way, but atleast allow things that are not harmful. Unless I am missing something?

We did make a few "extracts" as you are calling them. We made a orange liquor and a chocolate one (from WHOLE NIBS). Blended the chocolate with a few wines. WOW, was it good. That was a long time ago though. Easy to do and good!

extracts/cellos and things

STOP THE WINE PRESSES:dg

we have a person in our wine group who started to open a winery here in NEW JERSEY applied for all the permits got them and then the legislators stop all wineries for opening a lot of money they had invested just sitting,,,,:gb HOW ever on a good note cellos and home made liquors bring back better times and the creativeness in this craft...don't you think:i

Latest posts

Back