Other Cornucopia White Coconut Frascati

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddrod

Reaction score
This looked interesting and the reviews were OK, so I ordered it. Has anyone made this and would like to give a review.

I just helped a friend start the Cornucopia Pear Chardonnay this morning, be sure you mix it very well. The juice is highly concentrated, it's more like a syrup. The F-pack is about as big as the juice pack, so be sure you read the instructions and only make the primary to 21 liters.

It'll be interesting to see how these cheaper Amazon kits measure up to an Island Mist or equivalent. Time will tell.

Peace,
Bob

Update, I bottled this batch today and, to me, it is pretty much a dead ringer for a Pina Colada. It is a little overly sweet for me but I still like it.

I know this is an older thread, but it came up in a search :)

I just ordered the Cornucopia Coconut Frascati kit & I wondered if you made yours to the full 6 gallons. I've read many people only make to about 5 gallons to give the inexpensive fruity kits extra body & higher ABV.

Would be interested to know if you made any adjustments & would you do this kit again (or do anything different)?

Thanks so much!!

I made the full 6 gallons. The only thing I did different to it was bring the specific gravity up to 1.10

I did 2 of these kits. Unfortunately, as far as I know, they're discontinued. I purchased them on Amazon. Unless they're available through another source, I don't think they're around anymore =(

I also made that one and it was very good. I can't find any Cornucopia kits anymore. Island Mist has a Coconut Pinot Gris kit that might be similar.

Back