What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2013 Columbia Winery Merlot
Having a deep purple color. Aromas of plum and dark berries with a little spice. On the palate, dark berries with just the right tannin. With a little mouth-watering acidity at the finish. With 3.6 pH and a 0.60% TA, this one tickles my fancy.

DSC02173.jpg

Last edited:
We broke down and spent a few dollars more than usual (ok, a lot more) on this bottle saturday night. A bit too dry and maybe intense for my wife and mom's tastes..... darn, just left more for me. I really want to try the Merlot next.

Stags.jpg

ive been supping a red wine with some blue berries added, self made ofc went down quite well ;-) im now a bit worse for wear, which is basically what I intended ;-)

Last edited:
@ibglowin

Local Costco warehouse manager (I've given her my wine before) sent this bottle as a present to me with my wife.
Kirkland Signature series.

It is a blend of Cab, Merlot, Syrah and Sangiovese from Dolan and Weiss Cellars in Walla Walla, WA.

Planing to put away for some time.

Have you tried it?

ImageUploadedByWine Making1471994068.603166.jpg

@ibglowin

Local Costco warehouse manager (I've given her my wine before) sent this bottle as a present to me with my wife.
Kirkland Signature series.

It is a blend of Cab, Merlot, Syrah and Sangiovese from Dolan and Weiss Cellars in Walla Walla, WA.

Planing to put away for some time.

Have you tried it?

View attachment 31048

Last edited:
2014 Decoy Sauvignon Blanc.

Definitely better than the 2012 Decoy Zinfandel. This is actually a real keeper. One of the better Sauvignon Blanc I've had recently by a long shot.

IMG_20160823_192030.jpg

While waiting for the home stuff to get closer to finishing....

Guess it might take a minute ?

image.jpg

@ibglowin,
we're sorry to hear about your loss and glad you made it back home to celebrate your father's life.

TXWineDuo

2012 Mythic Estates Block Malbec

Their wines are pretty popular. That said, this is the best one I've had from them so far. Though I've still never been really wow'ed by them.

lQKVpLJMcz-H1DNwvJNmJFLodCIdZPmHhDFkeKUdfUD8TccOy3kMQq7ZeteOUos0l9Fx-thj_bn6YFQHSba5-cjLHj6lAIHLyjCBdQIc0mvf2bNwcsIFimefELPr80hdO9H2OrNxt5v7wSdzGK7WWhTONOwRLD-w6RYXYALe9uq4FOrVqBihX0-RKHHUGGmdM2EBkSe_rgMZzULFYv3V9Vvv59zYDzU_6GTzyY_g3jPaEYlx19KTKl6yrLtfcfjZJyB8DF3COG7S--MPMa_BTG_fulOt_MmVsGO3XXJFwwEzkwBkSb8TGRUt1h8H6CLUIjLOxXSFqVjRnZXQse-pocbhsuLm02LmCYXj0qnynf0V5iwD_8JXHuPRZoK_6dwHYemgLp-5wRFgoJ1Ae5fKju3RxsbN4-UKxJqV2axFiX75lTVh9pgv77vInGwHDREVJlK_f-sAmhbjrSVIYDAN6zuRnwzEqGwgu-yrRM_FEUVEux9Bn_RDVj2et_PKyKgeZ85HvZdalQKvDlxBawZiikfW4UHdn7otYm9Zh81iIkVawhvlcE_PT8BSZY0dOVQQlHZxSq-eT4zd4cyal5UFB6JjHu_GDKiLc98gw5vQuLINI78WLA=w735-h979-no

2013 Juan Gil Monastrell from Jumilla, Spain.

This is another "grab something off the shelf" wine I get sometimes at the local wine shop. If you see this wine at your local wine shop and you like bold and aromatic wines. This one is a steal at $15US. I'm definitely going to go back and grab a few more.

IMG_20160826_190620.jpg

@ibglowin @Boatboy24

I am going to open a bottle of the WE LE Sav Blanc Rose.....hoping it is ok at just over 3 months mark :ft

How's that wine tasting for you?

@ibglowin @Boatboy24

I am going to open a bottle of the WE LE Sav Blanc Rose.....hoping it is ok at just over 3 months mark :ft

How's that wine tasting for you?

Sorbate was still there, but barely, the last time I opened one. Didn't prevent me from just packing one up for our beach trip though. :h Also bringing my last bottle of 2014 LE Aussie Grenache Rose and about ten other bottles (yes, I expect to bring some home - just didn't know what I'd be in the mood for). While I was at it, packed up fresh bottles of Hornitos, Grand Marnier, and Makers 46. Decisions, decisions...

Last edited:
Back