WineXpert California Sauvignon Blanc Rosé

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim and Mike,
Have you tried and opened a bottle lately to see how's the flavor?
I am going to bring a few of this Rose to FL for my Christmas trip.

Opened one last week. Great, but not quite ready, IMHO. Still a very, very slight hint of sorbate. I recall thinking I should have taken Mike's approach and gone dry.

First taste since the racking and adding the rest of the Fpac. It is excellent right now. It's going to be the best summer wine I've done. There's just a bit of sorbate taste that I hope fades over time.

Thinking of letting it sit till February and then maybe bottle.

As @geek said, the sorbate will settle with time. 3-6 months seems to do the trick. At the 1 year mark, no signs at all. Mine's quite good already at the 8-ish month mark.

As @geek said, the sorbate will settle with time. 3-6 months seems to do the trick. At the 1 year mark, no signs at all. Mine's quite good already at the 8-ish month mark.

Yours was the reason I picked this one up Jim. My wife really enjoyed it. I may have to do an IM Strawberry Watermelon Shiraz for my daughter. But, I'm hoping she'll like this one better.

I racked this one off the sand at the bottom and put a headspace eliminator on it until I can find another Sauv Blanc to top up (not terrible, just too low in the neck for my tastes). I really do need to buy some more HSE's. They're great.

The wine gave up a god bit of CO2 during the racking. Actually, did a double rack because I don't have another 6 gallon glass carboy free right now. So, rack to smaller ones, clean the 6 gal, and rack it back. I dosed the wine and it's resting nicely.

It's back! I'm going to get my pre-order in. The Labelpeelers page says delivery is scheduled for March. Hopefully it comes on time so I can get it ready for this summer!

Looks like a couple people swapped yeast. For those who did so, what did you think about your substitutions? Would you do the same again? I saw BA11 and QA23 both mentioned.

It's back! I'm going to get my pre-order in. The Labelpeelers page says delivery is scheduled for March. Hopefully it comes on time so I can get it ready for this summer!

Looks like a couple people swapped yeast. For those who did so, what did you think about your substitutions? Would you do the same again? I saw BA11 and QA23 both mentioned.

I used D47 as it was what I had on hand. Pleased so far, but final decisions will be made this summer; after it has a year + on it.

I'd order another, but I'm doing the Kenridge/CC Cabernet Sauvignon Rose.

This one is very nice; but to me, strikingly similar to the Eclipse SB. The f-pac tweaks the flavor a bit though.

I kicked mine off this weekend. Went with the EC-1118 because I forgot to pick up something different when I picked up the kit. The LHBS came close on price and doesn't charge tax, so I went with them to support local. I added half the f-pac up front and it is chugging along nicely. Hope to have it bottled by August to distribute to family and maybe even share some on Labor Day, as long as the sorbate isn't super noticeable.

Also, my isinglass packet is cloudy and has little clumps. My admittedly terrible memory remembers this stuff being quite clear in past kits. Should I be concerned or is it good to use?

I started this kit just over 6 weeeks ago and used the EC1118 yeast. Added entire pack up front. Primary was slow and steady and tough getting going. Though my First non-red in quite some time,'used to seeing much more activity.
Here's my notes on the ferment. Not the neatest I know. ImageUploadedByWine Making1493239276.195302.jpg
ImageUploadedByWine Making1493239304.913599.jpgImageUploadedByWine Making1493239337.349812.jpg

Back