pH meter

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't remember the brand name, but I purchased mine from The Wine Makers Toy Store, our sponsor. It works great. Just be sure to also purchase the calibrating chemicals and the storage solution.

If you live in a pot friendly state or Prov you can get a great array of choices at the hydroponic stores. Get a water proof, seems PH meters like to swim in must

I bought the Milwaukee MW102. I use to have a Hanna meter and I will never go back to them. I bought it at Cynmar.com but quiet a few places sell them. It's easier to read and calibrate. It is also quicker to respond to a reading.

I also have the Milwaukee that Wolf has. Very easy to use. This is my first PH meter. I think it came from All seasons. I liked the fact that the probes are on 3' leads and offer more flexability.

I have the Hanna PHEP and love mine. I got mine also at The Wine Makers Toy Store which is 1 of our sponsors but im sure any of our sponsors sell them. Not sure what Runningwolf has against these meters, maybe he got a bad 1?

I had Hannah and was selling them in my business until the complaints came in and I dropped them.

I also had another brand that I discontinued for the same reason.

Too hard to calibrate and not accurate were the common complaints.

I have the Milwaukee pH55 and it gets the job done, however only reads to .1. If I had to do it again I'd get the pH56 as it reads to .01. I feel this would be a little nicer and may end up getting one down the road, I see they are only $61.95 on Amazon. The good thing is the probe is the same for both the pH55 and pH56.

Mike that looks like a nice meter and about the same price as the Hanna PHEP 5 and Milwaukee MW102. I know you also had the PHEP 5. What I like about the Milwaukee is the two probes with 30" leads so it can be portable or desk top. The numbers are also much larger and easier to read. The readings are quicker and stable not moving around and calibration is easier.

Rawlus, I noticed that meter says best from 5-9 ph, is that a problem here at all. I love the fact its stored dry!!! A little pricey though huh.

Back