PH meter

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berrycrush

Reaction score
My Hanna HI98128 PH meter stopped working after 8 years of use. This model has been discontinued by the manufacture and the newer models are much pricier than before. At the same time I see lots of cheap products on Amazon with mixed reviews. I'd like to hear some recommendations from someone who recently purchased a new PH meter. Thanks.

There are several threads where this has been discussed: see here and here for example. I have a Milwaukee MW102 and like it a lot. Others seem to like models by Extech and Apera. I recommend that you stay away from the cheap 'pen' style pH meters that you can find on Amazon for $10-$15. They might work once or twice but (as I describe in one of the threads linked above) they are not reliable.

I purchased the Apera Instruments AI311 Premium Series PH60 Waterproof pH Pocket Tester Kit a year ago, and it works fine for me.

I just checked Amazon -- the price is now $102 -- it went up $25 from when I purchased it.
I bought the same meter earlier in the year. I love it, but it's my first meter and have nothing for comparison.

Didn't believe the new price you mentioned. Had to check...Holy Sh*t!!! Glad I got it when I did!

Latest posts

Back