RJ Spagnols Winery Series Super Tuscan yeast

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KSmith3011

Reaction score
I had a little issue with my CC Winery Series Super Tuscan last week, I will need to reintroduce a yeast starter to complete secondary fermentation. The SG is stuck at .999 (If you are curious why, look for the "over heated" post). I did not make note of the yeast when initially adding to the primary. Does anyone know if it is Lalvin EC-1118 (does it matter)? I currently have EC-1118, 71B-1120 and Red Star Pasteur here at home. If anyone has note on the correct yeast or has advice on reintroducing yeast at this stage, I would greatly appreciate the info.
Thanks,

Im almost positive its EC1118 as that is the most used yeast n wine kits but there are a few kits that use Red Star Premier Cuvee.

Every RJ Spagnols kit that I have made came with EC-1118. However, I haven't made a CC WS in three years.

Personally I wouldn't bother with more yeast. Why not? It's a Winery Series wine, and they don't usually ferment below 1.000 (as least they didn't 3 years ago).

Wade, have you got better info on what a WS kit is likely to ferment down to?

BTW, this question is about a CC (Cellar Classic) wine, and does not belong in the CC (Cellar Craft) forum.

Steve

Mine always ferment down below that and usually to .996 or there abouts. I agree with cp though as your not going to get much further. .003 is nothing and I wouldnt bother. Steve, I didnt even notice it was in the Cellar Craft area so thanks and Ill move it.

Back