Wine Tracking App?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a good wine making app? I want to be able to record all the steps, SG, PH, start date, rack dates, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Ipad. I downloaded "Winemaking". So far it seems to have what I wanted.

Can you send a link? I've been looking for a good one too. Was about to create one, but if there's already one out there then I'll just use it. :)

Personally I just use a spreadsheet in Open Office.org on my laptop.

Couldn't find an app that I liked...
Didn't want to create a spreadsheet...
Bought a set of colored permanent markets and came up with a plan.

Marked the top of each cork with a colored symbol and recorded the info on a sheet. It's crude but it works for me :)

ImageUploadedByWine Making1409167335.171028.jpg

The app is actually decent for home winemakers. It needs some updates, but overall a decent app.

Nice assortment! I usually leave my wine in bulk carboys for aging. I will probably bottle after the wine reaches a birthday. I haven't had any make it that long yet. :eek:).

The wine tracker I was looking for was mostly to track the entire fermenting process. I was keeping paper files prior and the electronic app actually works well.

If you're good with Linux I wrote a little web-based app (single user only) which captures and tracks all kinds of stuff. It has lots of dependencies which bite me every time I upgrade, but it does PDF reports and tracks DG, SO2, TA, etc.

I too was looking for an app or something I could use on my mobile device but also that I could access from a PC. My solution was a spreadsheet saved as a Google sheet and saved to my Google Drive. I can access and edit from both my phone and PC. I just started logging some wines in process to see how it will work out and so far so good. I will attach the spreadsheet in excel format and if you like you can modify to your liking. When making a new wine I just simply "copy" the master sheet at the bottom and rename it to the wine I am making. Also for the ABV, when you enter the initial starting SG and then your ending SG, it calculates the ABV for you. If you want to print it out it prints on nicely on two pages. Works for me... :r

View attachment Mobile Wine Log.zip

Great spreadsheet!

I noticed you added 2.5 tsp of sorbate to your 3-gal batch of DB -- that's over twice what most people recommend, and will probably impart an off-taste to the DB.

I'm curious -- was the .5 tsp of sparkalloid in powder form, and did you just mix it in? Or, did you dissolve it in a measure of hot water, and, if so, how much for that volume of sparkalloid?

Great spreadsheet!

I noticed you added 2.5 tsp of sorbate to your 3-gal batch of DB -- that's over twice what most people recommend, and will probably impart an off-taste to the DB.

I'm curious -- was the .5 tsp of sparkalloid in powder form, and did you just mix it in? Or, did you dissolve it in a measure of hot water, and, if so, how much for that volume of sparkalloid?

When I went back and checked my hard copy ( I had this all recorded on paper prior to the spreadsheet) they were both data entry errors on my part. That should have been 1 1/2 tsp sorbate and 1/2 tlbs of sparkalloid. I was entering numbers while at work and was a little distracted. :slp The sparkalloid was dissolved in 1/2 cup of water and boiled for 5 min then added to the wine per package instructions.

Thanks for the catch on my data entry errors! I'll continue to change the spreadsheet as needed...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back