Wine Maker's Choice Kit - anyone else try them?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cabernut

Junior
Reaction score
I'm not sure how widely available these are, but I found mine at the local Loblaws(Ontario) grocery store. I thought I would share my experiences since they've been great!

$49 for a 5L kit, took about 1 month from adding yeast to bottling. After 2 weeks, most of what I bottled is gone already:D

I gave away about 12 bottles right away and so far everyone really likes it, even though it hasn't really aged yet. Which is kind of unexpected from a cheaper kit that hasn't aged. In fact, a friend of mine came back and asked for 8 more!

I do have a 2nd batch of the same cab sauv going at the moment that I'm going to let age for a while before giving it out but for my 3rd, I do want to try a high-end grape skin kit though.

So if anyone here has seen these Wine Maker's Choice kits, I'm getting lots of very positive feedback.

Hi seen your post from last year.. A have purchased the kit you have mentioned... An Beeing a neophyte, was curious abt the instructions...step 1d in particular.. Fill bag and drop in fermenter... Am I missing something??.. This step makes no sense to me...please help...
Thx

I was confused with that step as well, Fill the bag with water to get all the residual out, then dump the water in the fermenter. There usually is a bit of sugar left over and its good to make sure it all gets in there. - I've done 3 of these so far. :b

Last edited:
Kenathy said:
Hi seen your post from last year.. A have purchased the kit you have mentioned... An Beeing a neophyte, was curious abt the instructions...step 1d in particular.. Fill bag and drop in fermenter... Am I missing something??.. This step makes no sense to me...please help...
Thx

Are you still having problems? Were you talking about the plastic bag that the juice came in?

One thing I do want to add is that with these kits (and probably most $50 kits) is that adding 2 cups of washed raisins at the beginning, during primary fermentation, works wonders!

I tried this on my 3rd kit and the result was perfect.

Latest posts

Back