Wine from kit versus winery

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A2 Wine

Junior
Reaction score
I am looking to make acab from a premium (18L?) or 100% juice kit.Generally speaking, how does the end product from one of these kits compare with winery produced? Not lookingto compete with Opus One, but would like to make onethat couldstand up against $20-$30 winery made cab.
Also, any specific kit recommendations would be appreciated.

1st WELCOME
smiley32.gif

Now the Chilean juices will be here shortly. Another option is to get a high end kit that has skins. the 18ltr you can put up to some of the best wines. Figure $20+ range that you would compare to..

It would help us if we knew where you are in the world.

I dont like comparing wine to wine as their are so many wines out there for $10 that are very good and many many wines out there for $30 that plain bite the big one! With that said I make the RJS Cellar Classic Winery Series and En Primeurs and they make wines that Id much rather drink then a lot of the wines in the "Front end" of the store. I will also say that The Mosti Mondiale Meglioili and probably the Masters do the same or better with the Meglioli kit. I had a bottle Of the Meglioli Barolo that was just killer!

wade said:
I dont like comparing wine to wine as their are so many wines out there for $10 that are very good and many many wines out there for $30 that plain bite the big one!

I have so many really wonderful wines in the $10 - $15 dollar range and more in that $20 - $30 dollar range that I wish I had nor wasted my money on.
George still has a few of the Mosti Mondiale Meglioili Cabs left and I
have heard only good things. I have also heard positive about all the
ones Wade mentioned and the CC Red Mountain Cab. All but the Meglioili
are available almost all the time.
I would suggest you give George at FVWs (the link is at the top of the page) with the style you like and he can guide you to the right kit.
Welcome to the forum.

Latest posts

Back