WineXpert Wine Expert Ice Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Granny please don't lose any sleep over this. You have made it correctly. It has correct numbers. It will be good. The important thing is to follow instructions, which you did. Do not worry.

The alcohol tester can be hard for some people to read. Do not worry about it. The calculations are more accurate. I think every new winemaker buys one of those contraptions and most decide they are just not reliable so just make the calculations.

And if I haven't told you, Your wine WILL BE GOOD!
smiley4.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley20.gif
smiley20.gif
smiley20.gif

No lost sleep !!
smiley17.gif
Just wanting to make sure I look at all things before the next batch. Have a Riesling on now and 3 more kits waiting to get into the bucket !
smiley36.gif

Most important thing is I am having FUN !
smiley9.gif

Granny,

No need to worry - as long as it tastes good that is all that matters. You just got more bang for the buck (bang for the chuck?) from yours than I got from mine. Likely because I was using my brew belt on my primary for another batch so my secondary may have gotten a bit colder than it should have. Hence why I bought another brew belt on Friday.

Just bottled mine. 26 ice wine bottles and 34 375ml bottles with half a small bottle left for consumption tonight. Good times.

Steve

Ive heard that those alc testers dont work well in the presence of sweetness and you have a very sweet wine there so dont even think about that. You did a great job and soon the fruits of your labor will be present.

Latest posts

Back