Wine and Friends

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that just comfirms that Im gonna make it for my own personal enjoyment.

Not sure if its just me but do any of you have those friends that are all about your wine so long as its free. They call you up " hey man come over and bring some wine":b. I thought why not start selling it because my friends seem to like it. Then you never hear from them again about it. I think I have come to the realization that they only love it when its free. So this isnt all bad the less I sell the more I can age and enjoy.:r

I bring wine to most any event I am invited to that is not non-alcoholic. I am not interested in selling it. If I bring a gallon of wine, what do I really have in it in cash? Maybe $15 tops?

But when I "trade" that wine for great conversation, a nice evening of relaxation and good company, and usually great food, what a nice and pleasant trade that is! It sure beats drinking alone. My wife and I can eat many times $15 worth of food at the events, if the pure economics of the trade are concerned. But the economics are really secondary – totally...

where are you????

HAY,JS ARE YOU IN THE PICTURE???AND YES FOOD AND WINE AND GOOD TIMES INCLUDING PEOPLE GO TOGETHER WITHOUT QUESTION,ANY WHERE I GO SO DOES MY VINO.:gb

JS,

You captured the real spirit of it, but this will only work when your friends have that spirit too.

I always remember the father-in-law (rip) telling me how much folks looked forward to his arrival at his condo in florida (semi-retired). The funny thing is that when he arrived, he never had a problem getting help unloading the wine, but never had much luck unloading everything else!

Latest posts

Back