Cellar Craft Which Syrah?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patc

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am contemplating a syrah and i am stuck between the cellar craft showcase washington and the spagnols winery series. Does anybody have personal tasting notes on these? tough decision as i am sure they are both good but looking for one that really stands out.

No tasting notes for either from me, but did want to point out that George still has Meg. Shiraz with a grape pack for sale. If I was buying right now that would be my first choice. The others on my list are CC Australian Shiraz - Darlington Point, Riverina, RJS EP Australian Shiraz and WE's SE Single Vineyard Shiraz.

Give George a call about the syrah. He has a way of helping you narrow down to a final choice.

The RJS Winery Series syrah is nice and Spicy with e good amount of pepper to it. I cant imagine a Syrah being much better or truer to its varietal.

Thanks for the replies, i will also give george a call as well but the rjs seems to be pulling me in especially being that the current wine in the primary is the ehrenfelser and man does it smell good!!!!!!!

Seagrape, what did you decide after taling to George? I plan to makea Syrah/Shiraz next fall and would love to readyour comments as you make your selection.

Well crap, talking nottaling. Not sure what the heck taling is.

Sorry about the late response but i have been extremely busy with work but i did talk to George and he said you really cannot go wrong with any of them as he said the higher end kits just really shine, having said that i looked at the wine maker magazine top 100 wines and the RJ spagnols winery series syrah was # 25 i believe if my memory serves me correctly so i think i may go for it.

That is an awesome one. My wifes Aunt love it also so about every month she sends over a couple of mine to her so I have to cut her off very soon and also start another one of these.

Latest posts

Back