WineXpert Which Crushendo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lenore

Reaction score
George- you got me with the recent issue of pressing news. I want to do a Crushendo. Could anyone offer any personal preference on these kits? Also what can I expect to run into as I know some have made comment on difficult rackings? I would appreciate your feedback as I always like to get an idea of what I am getting myself into!!

Thanks!!

I just ordered the Super Tuscan and have high hopes for it. It is comparable to one of the Non-Wine Expert kits I ever did The Cellar Craft Rosso Fortissimo which is my favorite kit I have made thus far. This will be my first Crushendo.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

I have only made one to date, The Crushendo Corvina Classico di Veneto and it is coming up on 1 year in the bottle next month and will have to see how it has improved.

I will be getting one of the Castellina Supertuscan Di Siena this month and the free glasses!

Hereis a link that cover some of the Crushendo issues:

[url]http://www.finevinewines.com/Wiz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1 446&PN=2[/url]

I've made the first three and my favorite was the Santa Ynez Syrah. However, I have pretty good hunch the Super Tuscan will be the pinnacle of the Chrushendo series. Plus, I saw the stemware that retailers of giving away free with each Crushendo purchase in June and they are very nice glasses- high quality crystal oversized bulbs, set of 4. Bottom line- make the Super Tsucanjust so you can be one the firsts.

It depends on what you like and want from a wine as to which to choose. The newest crushendo, the Super Tuscan, will be a big bold red and will definitely require aging. Of the first three, the Veneto is my favorite, followed by the d'Oc and the syrah, but I am into the big reds right now. The bigger, the better. You won't go wrong with any of them.

I also made the Corvina Classico de Veneto this was the only crushendo i have made so for after six months it was a great tasting wine. I tried it now it is almost a year old now and I really did'nt notice that much differance in the taste. Bought the kit when George had the sale last year. I think I'am going to pick up that new Super Tascan. Masta let me know what your thoughts are when you try your corvina agian, it seem to been just as great at six months as it did after a year, just my opion. By the way George still waiting for the Stag Leap Merlot to go on sale, that was the most alsome wine I made to date and after one year of sitting it improved greatly. I running low hope it on sale soon.

rottie6667 said:
I also made the Corvina Classico de Veneto this was the only crushendo i have made so for after six months it was a great tasting wine. I tried it now it is almost a year old now and I really did'nt notice that much differance in the taste. Bought the kit when George had the sale last year. I think I'am going to pick up that new Super Tascan. Masta let me know what your thoughts are when you try your corvina agian, it seem to been just as great at six months as it did after a year, just my opion. By the way George still waiting for the Stag Leap Merlot to go on sale, that was the most alsome wine I made to date and after one year of sitting it improved greatly. I running low hope it on sale soon.

I remember from Winestock during the presentation that the Crushendo's actually come around at 6 months. I was actually quite surprised. Does anyone else remember that when Tim had the graphs on the screen showing the age time required for each level of kit? It showed the Crushendo's right with the VR kits if I remember right.

If you want a sale price on the Stags Leap kit, heres how you get it. What you do is buy a whole bunch of stuff from George. After you spend a certain amount your become a member of the FVW Growers Club. You then get a discount on everything so in essence everything is on sale everyday!
smiley32.gif
After you reach that point you can combine that savings with all the other little perks like the multiple kit discount and for example like I did this month, the birthday discount and you can save quite a chunk of change.

I know when I left Dallas after visiting the store, I was more than quite pleased with the final total of my purchase that day. Nothing was on sale but I got quite a bargain by utilizing all the perks George gives you. There was some significant savings tallied up there that day.

Actually if you look around, the prices here are quite comparable and actually less than many places. Yeah, there are a few places cheaper and normally there is a reason, no customer service. I don't know about many, but that is a top priority for me and it has blessed my buying experience here more than once. And yes, I have ordered elsewhere and yes, I have had some bad experiences. Yes, I have gotten faulty products from here, BUT, it was fixed immediately.

So, there you have numerous tips on how to get a good price on what ever you seek in the wine making world!
smiley2.gif

rottie6667,

For those in the Grower's Club,the resulting pricing from this month's anniversary sale is about as good as it will get! If you get a Crushendo and another WE Selection Estate, you will save over $30 AND get a free set of glasses.
<DIV align=center>Third Anniversary Sale!
<DIV align=center>
<DIV align=left>http://www.finevinewines.com/home-wine-making.htm#free
<DIV align=left>
<DIV align=left>By the way, I brought in 6 Super Tuscans yesterday and sold them out, today and need 2 more! Looks like I will be placing an order, first thing Monday morning.

I have requested Tim send me a copy of the aging graphs. If he does, I will post them for all to see.

HI Smurfe I'am part of yhe FVW Club and I used my birthday discount last month wine I purchased 3 more wine kits from George and your are 100 percent right when it comes to the man customer service he is as good as it gets. That is the main reason I don't mine the shipping charges because of his great customer service. I live in NJ so when i order kits it cost me about 23.00 to have one ship.

The customer service here sold me over all others. Too bad other businesses don't understand that. George really seems to care about what happens to the product when it leaves his store.

Not only does it care about his products getting to you in good shape, I think I have email him at least 12 times and talk to him twice on the phone and he has always gotten back to me promply in answering any questions I had weather or not I bought the product from him or not. I had only one problem with a product being broken he had one int the mail that same day and told me to keep the other one for spare parts. Like I always told you George your customer services is OUTSTANDING.

Being in Ohio is wasn't practicall for me to make it to Winestock, but
I am very interested in getting a copy of Tim's graph on aging of
Winexpert kits (or the whole presentation for that matter!). I am
getting ready to buy a couple more and want to see the differences. I
am trying to do some for early drinking and some for aging. I have done
3 WE kits so far and they all have turned out well to date. I don't
plan on using anything sels.

Thanks

JOHN

I am finally realizing that there is a method to winemaking for those of us with no patience. I am doing just as you said, making some for drinking now and some to set aside in my pine wine rack that I bought from George. It holds 120 bottles and I would like to fill it with bottles to age and fill my other rack of 40 with quick drinkers like VR kits and Island mist kits (with boosted alcohol of course). If I buy a Crushendo it will be the ultimate test of my patience level!!

Latest posts

Back