Where did my muscadine go

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thig

Reaction score
I have some muscadine vines at the farm that produce every year. I usually go down Labor day weekend and pick them. I went down yesterday and there were none, I mean not even one.

I haven't been down there since July 4th. I can't imagine what happened, did the birds eat every single one, did they just not make?

It has been dry down there the last month or so, any ideas?

Just because I am not too far south of you I am sure you're blaming me. I had nothing to do with it really. Trust me on this. I don't even know where Dublin is.

Don't think that thought didn't cross my mind. I discounted that because even you aren't good enough to get every one, and there wasn't even one dropped on the ground. I am in central Georgia.

I'm in Arkansas, I've a wild grape patch that thru old timers I could run back being here for over 100 years, some are huge coming out of the ground, it's been dry here as well, no 1 grape, my crab apples are going to be less then 5 lb I fear, my massive pear tree might have 15 pears on it, my elderberries were only 10 lb this year, no jelly with my farm fresh egg's this year, I thought this might have happened because I've spent a year and a half buy almost everything I'd need to start making my own wine since now I figured out I'm getting to be the old timer, and now all those I've gotten my wine from for many year are all now dead, been 6/7 year now since I hag a jug, wish I'd learnt from them instead of just bringing fruit and heading home with good drink,,,

Don't think that thought didn't cross my mind. I discounted that because even you aren't good enough to get every one, and there wasn't even one dropped on the ground. I am in central Georgia.

Oh I know you are in Central Georgia. Near U S 441. which goes right down to Lake City Florida. But I have never been there, really.

Actually my vines are in Summertown, GA about 45 miles from here. But that still doesn't explain why I have none this year, guess I will just mark it up to dry weather.

It might be a bad year for Muscadines. My neighbor who gives me all I want has very few on his vines this year. Last year I picked over 50 lbs on one vine. As you probably know, if it was deer or coons, they usually leave the skins on the ground. They can wipe out several vines in one night. I know Summertown. We used to visit the resturant at Coleman's Lake years ago.

Yeah it is still open, great seafood. Always enjoyed McKenney's Pond more, it is on the other side of Hwy 56.

Latest posts

Back